Understanding and responding to these highly challenging client presentations
The unpredictability of mood swings and rages associated with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) can be confusing and challenging for family, friends, colleagues and therapists alike. The hidden agenda and ruthlessness associated with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) can be dangerous.
This training day will provide an in-depth understanding of BPD, NPD and ASPD, with a focus on: understanding the aetiology and lived experience of BPD, NPD and ASPD; recognizing different types of narcissism and different presentations of ASPD (including sociopaths and psychopaths); understanding the substantial impact of BPD, NPD and ASPD on family, friends, co-workers and therapists; treatment options for BPD; and strategies for family, friends, colleagues and therapists to manage some of the difficult behaviours associated with BPD, NPD and ASPD. The morning session will explore BPD, the afternoon session NPD and ASPD.
The presentation style will be interactive, encouraging participant contributions and questions. The training day will also feature audio-visual material, demonstrating the lived experience of BPD, NPD and ASPD, as well as BPD therapy approaches.
Learning Objectives of This Training:
- Understand the aetiology of BPD, NPD and ASPD.
- Recognize the different types of narcissism and presentations of ASPD.
- Understand the impact BPD, NPD and ASPD have on others.
- Learn about BPD treatment options.
- Use strategies to manage some of the challenging behaviours associated with BPD, NPD and ASPD.
How will you benefit from attending this training?
- Understand the lived experience of BPD, NPD
- and ASPD
- Understand the impact of BPD, NPD and ASPD
- on family, friends, co-workers and therapists.
- Learn about BPD treatment options.
Morning Session (includes a short break)
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD):
- Aetiology of BPD
- Assessment, lived experience and impact of BPD on others
- Overview of the most evidence-based psychological treatment approaches
Strategies for managing difficult BPD behaviours
Afternoon Session (includes a short break)
Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD):
- Aetiology of narcissism
- Types of narcissism
- Assessment, lived experience and impact of NPD on others
- Strategies for managing difficult NPD behaviours
Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD):
- Aetiology of ASPD
- Presentations, including sociopaths and psychopaths
- Strategies for managing difficult ASPD behaviours
This seminar has been designed to extend the clinical knowledge and applied skill of Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Coaches, Psychologists, Hypnotherapists, Social Workers, Community Workers, Mental Health Nurses and Psychiatrists.
Cancellation Policy and Disclaimer
- Refunds less a $50.00 administration fee are given for cancellations received in writing via email or post. Cancellations must be received no later than 10 days prior to your event date. Refunds and transfers are not possible inside 10 days from the event. Cancellation policy is final and not negotiable.
- PDP regrets the difficult personal circumstances that prevent people attending including medical conditions, emergencies, severe weather or transport difficulties and we do not issue refunds in any circumstance other than those outlined in this cancellation policy. PDP is unable to accept responsibility for the failure of the presenter to arrive due to unforeseen circumstances.
Transfer of Registration to Another Person
Registrations are transferable IN FULL to another person on notification in writing to PDP and no admin fees are charged for this service. Where a delegate can only attend for part of a training, transfer of the remainder of the registration to another person is NOT possible.
Cancellation/Reschedule of an Event by PDP
PDP will contact you within 10 days of the event date on the rare occasion that we need to cancel/reschedule an event. You will be offered the following options:
- A full refund of your paid registration fee.
- Transfer of your registration into another equivalent event on our calendar.
Please contact the Provider directly or follow the ticket selection button to the Course Provider Website for full terms and conditions.
Fri, 30 July 2021
PhD, PhD, BSc Psychology (Hon), Grad Dip Psychology, BA, Cert Holistic Couns
Renata Porzig-Drummond PhD teaches at the University of Adelaide. She uses an interactive presenting style that is engaging and emphasises practical application in a clinical context. Renata holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology and a BSc Psychology (Hon) from Macquarie University; a GradDip in Psychology and a BA from the University of Sydney; and a Certificate of Holistic Counselling from Nature Care College. Renata’s research has focused on behaviour change, particularly on the use of emotion-focused and cognitive-behavioural strategies in effecting behaviour change.
Her research has been published in leading academic journals, including Behaviour Research and Therapy, Australian Social Work and Social Science & Medicine. Renata’s clinical experience includes crisis counselling, psychological assessment, and working with clients with a variety of mental health issues. Renata is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and the International Coaching Federation.