The very nature of major depression often defeats our very best therapeutic efforts: how can clients work or grow when they have no hope or interest? When they can’t concentrate and have no energy? When they are immobilized? When they torture themselves with accusations of worthlessness or inadequacy?
It is not surprising that treatment-resistant depression often defies the efforts of skilled therapists and effective medications, leaving clients defeated and discouraged or even more depressed.
This two-part training addresses the question: can we help chronically depressed individuals more effectively?
Even though diagnoses of depression correlate highly with a history of trauma, we generally forget to treat depression as a trauma-related disorder. In this workshop, you will learn to help depressed clients learn to relate to their depressive symptoms with curiosity and mindfulness, rather than interpreting the symptoms as proof of hopelessness. This webinar series will offer techniques for transforming the physical and cognitive symptoms using somatic interventions and by reinterpreting the depression as a communication from trauma-related parts of the personality.
- Educate clients about depression as a somatic state, not just a psychological state
- Identify 3 cognitive schemas that reinforce depressive states
- Identify three body-centred interventions that increase energy and focus in depressed clients
- Experiment with Sensorimotor Psychotherapy interventions that transform depressive beliefs
- Implement a parts model for healing depressive symptoms
- Discuss the use of the social engagement system and its role in evoking an internal sense of safety
- Your registration includes: Handout, 6 month access to the recording and Certificate of participation.
- Registration is for individual use only. Links to live webinars and recordings cannot be shared with others.
- All payments must be made by Credit Card - Visa and MasterCard only. All credit card payments will incur a surcharge of 1.6% per transaction.
- Group bookings 4+ people must be from the same organization and paid with one payment.
- Invoicing is only available for group bookings of 4+ in the same training.
- All fees in $AUD. Fees inclusive of GST.
- NO SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS on fees or policies are possible.
- Student discount on application where meet criteria – download application form.
- No scholarships available for webinars.
- Please provide your direct email and contact details for webinar materials / updates – ensure this is provided where an AGENCY funds your registration.
- Confirmation with your tax-deductible receipt will be emailed within 3 days (contact +61 (02) 9431 8600 immediately if not received).
- Registration is only available for the whole training. It is not possible to register for particular parts of a training when it runs over more than one webinar. If you are unable to attend part / all of the webinar, you will receive the recording(s) as part of your registration package. Refunds are not available for parts you may be unable to attend live.
- PAYMENT must be received by the closing date of the registration category you registered under. If payment has not been received by the closing date of the category registered under, your registration will automatically be transferred to the next registration category. If payment is not received 2 working days prior to the event, your registration will be cancelled.
- Transfer registration to another webinar is not permitted.
- All dates subject to expiry at 5pm in Victoria, Australia
- Time Zone: Webinars are scheduled for Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) from first Sunday of April - to first Sunday of October, when it changes to Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Please check your time zone. A link to a time zone convertor will sent with your link to the webinar. Delphi Training and Consulting is not responsible for miscalculations relating to the webinar start time in your area and will not issue refunds due to timing mix-ups.
- A link to the webinar and any handouts will be emailed to you at the email address on your registration 48 hours prior to the training. Please notify us if you do not receive it for any reason.
- Technical issues: We will do everything we can to eliminate technical difficulties within our control and we will have a contact person available for technical issues during the live webinar. Refunds will not be issued for technical issues on the attendees side.
- CANCELLATIONS: Must be made in writing. A refund minus $25 for 90 minute webinars, $55 for 3 hour webinars, and $75 for 6 hour webinars administration fee will be issued up to 7 days (including weekend days) prior to the webinar for which you are registered. NO REFUND after this date. There will be no administration fee charged for cancellations from countries in the South Asia and Asia Pacific Region listed in the World Bank country classification by income level tier system. This applies to countries in the region listed as tier IV - V - VI.
- All webinar recordings are copyright of The Delphi Centre Pty Ltd and may not be copied, shared or shown in public or professional settings without written permission. Purchasing webinars is an agreement to uphold copyright laws.
- In the unlikely event circumstances beyond our control result in the postponement or cancellation of a webinar, we will reschedule as soon as practical. A full refund or opportunity to transfer to the re-scheduled webinar will promptly be provided to registrants.
Tickets:Super Saver Price - Group 3+$179Early Bird Price - Group 3+$193Standard Price - Group 3+$206Super Saver Price - Individual$193Early Bird Price - Individual$206Standard Price - Individual$219Student Price$126
Thu, 26 October 2023
2 Morning Sessions
Dr. Janina Fisher
Janina Fisher, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice; Assistant Educational Director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute; an EMDRIA Approved Consultant and Credit Provider; former president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation; and a former instructor, Harvard Medical School.
An international writer and lecturer on the treatment of trauma, she is co-author with Pat Ogden of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Attachment and Trauma and author of Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation and Transforming the Living Legacy of Trauma.
Dr. Fisher lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on topics related to the integration of the neurobiological research and newer trauma treatment paradigms into traditional therapeutic modalities.
Janina has presented for Delphi in 2010 – 2014 – 2019 – 2021 – 2022. Her 2021 and 2022 webinars are available On-Demand. She will be presenting again in 2023.