Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) is a naturalistic and neurobiological approach to healing trauma and other stress-related disorders. SE offers a framework to assess where a person is “stuck” in the fight, flight, or freeze responses and provides clinical tools to resolve these fixated physiological states. It offers practical skills appropriate to various healing and helping professions, including mental health, medicine, physical and occupational therapies, bodywork, addiction treatment, first response, educators, and more.
During this unique program, Peter A Levine, Ph.D., the developer of Somatic Experiencing, will demonstrate how SE addresses trauma through a combination of theoretical explanation and body-oriented experiential exercises. Participants in this program will learn the underpinnings of trauma and explore how nervous system regulation and awareness of bodily sensations can bring clients out of a trauma state and into a more embodied and regulated sense of authentic self.
- Differentiate between top-down and bottom-up processing and discuss how they can work together.
- Classify the trauma response as a set of defensive bodily reactions mobilized to protect us.
- Describe how shame, defeat, and humiliation, associated with the original traumatic event, replay themselves repeatedly in the body.
- Define how trauma-based perceptions remain fundamentally unchanged until the internal experience of the body changes.
- Demonstrate body-oriented experiential exercises that explore how best to work with anger, grief, and shame in order to build a greater capacity for resilience.
- Your registration includes: Handout, 6 month access to the recording and Certificate of participation.
- Registration is for individual use only. Links to live webinars and recordings cannot be shared with others.
- All payments must be made by Credit Card - Visa and MasterCard only. All credit card payments will incur a surcharge of 1.6% per transaction.
- Group bookings 4+ people must be from the same organization and paid with one payment.
- Invoicing is only available for group bookings of 4+ in the same training.
- All fees in $AUD. Fees inclusive of GST.
- NO SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS on fees or policies are possible.
- Student discount on application where meet criteria – download application form.
- No scholarships available for webinars.
- Please provide your direct email and contact details for webinar materials / updates – ensure this is provided where an AGENCY funds your registration.
- Confirmation with your tax-deductible receipt will be emailed within 3 days (contact +61 (02) 9431 8600 immediately if not received).
- Registration is only available for the whole training. It is not possible to register for particular parts of a training when it runs over more than one webinar. If you are unable to attend part / all of the webinar, you will receive the recording(s) as part of your registration package. Refunds are not available for parts you may be unable to attend live.
- PAYMENT must be received by the closing date of the registration category you registered under. If payment has not been received by the closing date of the category registered under, your registration will automatically be transferred to the next registration category. If payment is not received 2 working days prior to the event, your registration will be cancelled.
- Transfer registration to another webinar is not permitted.
- All dates subject to expiry at 5pm in Victoria, Australia
- Time Zone: Webinars are scheduled for Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) from first Sunday of April - to first Sunday of October, when it changes to Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Please check your time zone. A link to a time zone convertor will sent with your link to the webinar. Delphi Training and Consulting is not responsible for miscalculations relating to the webinar start time in your area and will not issue refunds due to timing mix-ups.
- A link to the webinar and any handouts will be emailed to you at the email address on your registration 48 hours prior to the training. Please notify us if you do not receive it for any reason.
- Technical issues: We will do everything we can to eliminate technical difficulties within our control and we will have a contact person available for technical issues during the live webinar. Refunds will not be issued for technical issues on the attendees side.
- CANCELLATIONS: Must be made in writing. A refund minus $25 for 90 minute webinars, $55 for 3 hour webinars, and $75 for 6 hour webinars administration fee will be issued up to 7 days (including weekend days) prior to the webinar for which you are registered. NO REFUND after this date. There will be no administration fee charged for cancellations from countries in the South Asia and Asia Pacific Region listed in the World Bank country classification by income level tier system. This applies to countries in the region listed as tier IV - V - VI.
- All webinar recordings are copyright of The Delphi Centre Pty Ltd and may not be copied, shared or shown in public or professional settings without written permission. Purchasing webinars is an agreement to uphold copyright laws.
- In the unlikely event circumstances beyond our control result in the postponement or cancellation of a webinar, we will reschedule as soon as practical. A full refund or opportunity to transfer to the re-scheduled webinar will promptly be provided to registrants.
Fri, 18 March 2022
Peter A Levine, Ph.D., is the developer of Somatic Experiencing®, a naturalistic and neurobiological approach to healing trauma; Founder of the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute/Foundation for Human Enrichment; Founder and President of Ergos Institute of Somatic Education; and author of several best-selling books on trauma, including Waking the Tiger, published in over 29 languages.
In 2020 he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Psychotherapy Networker. Dr. Levine holds doctorates in Biophysics and Psychology and is currently a Senior Fellow and consultant at The Meadows Addiction and Trauma Treatment Center in Wickenburg, Arizona, and continues to teach trauma healing workshops worldwide.
Learn more at somaticexperiencing.com