This workshop aims to help general dental practitioners perform surgical removal of impacted third molars more Swiftly, Smoothly and Safely under local anaesthesia (3S Concept).
This is achieved by a series of comprehensive lectures that will enhance theoretical knowledge essential in wisdom tooth surgery. Clinical hands-on experience is provided through practice on customized impacted tooth-jaw model with close mentor supervision and from watching a Live demo surgery on an actual patient. Tips from years of training and experience will also be shared to improve your competence and confidence in performing complex impacted third molar surgeries according to established standards of care at your own dental practice.
* With Live Surgery
The Following Key Topics Will Be Presented and Discussed.
- Patient Evaluation
- Relevant medical history
- Assessment and classification of impacted third molar tooth
- Indication for surgical removal
- Radiographic Examination. Important radiographic signs to note in:
- Intra-oral periapical (IOPA)
- Panoramic radiograph (OPG)
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- Informed Consent
- Managing patient expectations post surgery
- Risks and complications of surgery
- Preoperative Pharmacotherapy
- Pre-emptive analgesia
- Antibiotic prophylaxis
- Equipment and Armamentarium
- Comprehensive & customised instruments list
- Key infection control measures
- Method of preparing, cleaning and draping of patient for surgery
- Anaesthesia Options
- Various local anaesthesia techniques and their indications
- The role of Nitrous oxide / Intravenous sedation
- Surgical Removal of Impacted Tooth
- Flap design: Considerations and their management
- Guttering of bone and sectioning of tooth techniques
- Suture type and wound closure techniques
- Postoperative Care
- Instructions to patient
- Follow-up appointment protocol
- Management of Complications
- Key intraoperative difficulties
- Postoperative (early & late onset) issues
- Hands-On Practice on Impacted Tooth-Jaw Model
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time of the course should unforeseen circumstances occur. In the event the course is unable to proceed and the organizer cancels the course for any reason whatsoever, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded. The organizer shall not be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to such cancellation, including, but not limited to, airfare, hotel expenses, cancellation penalties and any other private expenses.
Should the participant cancel his/her registration/participation in the course or is unable to attend the course due to any unforeseen circumstances, the following shall apply subject to the participant’s notification of such cancellation to the organizer in writing: If notification of cancellation is given more than 6 months prior to the start of the course, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded, subject to a deduction of SGD100 for administration and bank charges.
- If notification of cancellation is given 4 - 6 months prior to the start of the course, 75% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 2 – 4 months prior to the start of the course, 50% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 1 - 2 months prior to the start of the course, 25% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given less than 1 month prior to the start of the course, there shall be no refund of any fees/money paid for the course.
The organizer reserves the right to amend or substitute any of the above from time to time as they deem fit.
Tickets:AI Elite Club Member Exclusive$405Non Member$405Group Registration - 3 or more pax$357
Sun, 20 March 2022
Lecture and Hands-on
Menara See Hoy Chan - CEAD
374, Jln Tun Razak, Taman U Thant, Wilayah Persekutuan,
Dr. G. Dharmindra Rajah
DDS (UKM), MDS (OralMaxFacSur) (HK), PgCert (Oral Implantology) (Manipal), AM (Mal)
Dr. G. Dharmindra Rajah graduated from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) with Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2003. He then obtained Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from the University of Hong Kong in 2010. He has the distinction of being the pioneer surgeon to serve the Ministry of Health with a specialist qualification from Hong Kong. The Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Hong Kong was ranked the top dental school in the world according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016 - 2018.
Dr. Dharmindra also completed a postgraduate certificate in Advanced Oral Implantology from Manipal University, India in 2014. He is active in clinical practice, teaching and medical research. His systematic review on Biomaterials for Repair of Orbital Floor Blowout Fractures was ranked 4th on the Science Direct top 25 list of most downloaded articles from the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2013. Dr. Dharmindra is a member of the College of Dental Specialist, Academy of Medicine Malaysia and Malaysian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. His special interest is in the field of orthognathic surgery and implant dentistry.