Our Interceptive Orthodontics course will teach you orthodontic concepts and options to best help your young patients. After this course, you can confidently return to your practice knowing which mixed-dentition cases you can treat now and which cases you should defer treatment to the early permanent dentition. With this knowledge, you can position yourself as a valuable resource to families. When you hear the question “does my child need braces?” you can intelligently respond with the best treatment options for that patient. There are many simple solutions to common malocclusion problems you see in children. You can help create more space for the permanent teeth, or correct bite issues that can become problematic once they become teens. We will teach you how by going into early orthodontic treatment, we can prevent a dental bite issue from becoming a skeletal issue, which may require orthognatic surgery.
- Taking your skills and treatment to a New level.
- Determining Factors: Extraction vs. Non-extraction treatments.
- Disarticulation: When and Where to place Turbos in early mixed dentition 2 x 4 treatment.
- Proven Approaches to varied Class II and Class III cases the protocol.
- How to answer the dreaded question “Does my kid need braces?”
- How to set up your patients early for better results.
- Mixed dentition, looking beyond cavities.
- Make the best of your pedo examination.
- Identify which cases require earlier intervention.
- Understand growth to improve results and minimize difficulties.
- When should you or your orthodontist start the evaluation and treatment.
- Space-maintainers which, when and why.
- Simple appliances (buttons, LLA, TPA, RPE, cleats etc).
- How to identify and treat early issues.
- What you can do with little risk (while being profitable).
- How to refer to and communicate with the orthodontist.
- Expand scope of patients treatable by GP by starting with Early Mixed Dentition Treatment.
- RPE Orthopedic Expansion of Arch widths to create skeletal changes.
- How to utilize simple orthopedic appliances to grow typoplastic Maxilla and Hypoplastic mandibles.
- Systematic approach to 2 x 4 appliances.
- Myofunctional Orthopedic
- Customized Invisalign MAF / Bionator and Twin block
- Non customized - Myobrace / pre-orthodontics
- Carriere Distallizer / Herbst Appliance.
- Workshop Mixed dentition typodonts to take home.
- How to take construction bite for successful functional lab appliance construction.
- Colour manual.
- Hands-on: Gold chain bonding for buried caries and extrusion mechanics.
- Take home videos on instructors hands-on demonstration.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time of the course should unforeseen circumstances occur. In the event the course is unable to proceed and the organizer cancels the course for any reason whatsoever, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded. The organizer shall not be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to such cancellation, including, but not limited to, airfare, hotel expenses, cancellation penalties and any other private expenses.
Should the participant cancel his/her registration/participation in the course or is unable to attend the course due to any unforeseen circumstances, the following shall apply subject to the participant’s notification of such cancellation to the organizer in writing: If notification of cancellation is given more than 6 months prior to the start of the course, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded, subject to a deduction of SGD100 for administration and bank charges.
- If notification of cancellation is given 4 - 6 months prior to the start of the course, 75% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 2 – 4 months prior to the start of the course, 50% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 1 - 2 months prior to the start of the course, 25% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given less than 1 month prior to the start of the course, there shall be no refund of any fees/money paid for the course.
The organizer reserves the right to amend or substitute any of the above from time to time as they deem fit.
Tickets:Early Bird Rate - Non Members$1,557Standard Rate - Non Members$1,780Early Bird Rate - AI Elite Club Member Exclusive$1,557Standard Rate - AI Elite Club Member Exclusive$1,780
Sun, 17 July 2022
Menara See Hoy ChanCEAD
374, Jln Tun Razak, Taman U Thant, Wilayah Persekutuan,
Dr. Kenneth Lew
Dr. Kenneth Lew graduated with a BDS in 1982 with numerous university medals. He then studied orthodontics in University of Adelaide. After graduating with an MDS (Ortho) in 1987, he served as an academic in NUS Dental Faculty and a clinician in NUH. In 1992, he received the Fellowship of Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, as an acknowledgment of his contribution to dentistry. A Fellow of The Academy of Medicine on both general and specialist roles, Dr. Lew has served as an external examiner to both BDS and MDS Orthodontics programs regionally as well as in Australia. Dr. Lew is cited in “International Who’s Who of Professionals” as a ‘dental expert in orthodontic and aesthetic dentistry who is the secret behind the smiles of many Asian celluloid personalities’. Prior to his departure to full-time private practice in 1994, Dr. Lew founded and co-directed the MDS Orthodontics in NUS. He was a founding member of the Association of Orthodontics (Singapore) and served previously as the President of AOS (Singapore). Many dentists have benefitted from his approachable mentorship cum extensive clinical experience in treating both Asian and Caucasian patients for the last 25 years and his unique ability to impart knowledge in an easily comprehensible manner. Dr. Kenneth also has immense experience and expertise in using Invisalign technology. He has been an Invisalign Diamond provider for the last 5 years (2015-2020) and was conferred the Invisalign title of 'Invisalign Speaker' and KOL since 2015.