This training explores various traumas (school bullying, phobias, sexual assault, developmental trauma and PTSD in individuals with autism / Asperger's syndrome.
Practical strategies, adapted to the autism / Asperger's profile, help to better understand and manage emotions such as anxiety, anger, symptoms of depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The Cognitive-Behavioral approach is based on the restructuring of ideas, perceptions and responses (behaviors) related to emotions and sensations. Specialized tools will be presented using practical examples and case illustrations. The PDF of the training, as well as related documents will be shared with the participants.
- Explain the diagnostic and use the potential of individuals on the spectrum
- Present the stressors and the different traumas
- Explore the appropriate tools and interventions
- Prevent crises and develop adaptive strategies
- Emotion management, Cat Kit, Exploring Depression: programs (Tony Attwood)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (Valerie Gaus)
- Mind Over Mood (Dennis Greenberger)
Who Can Benefit?
This course is suitable for anyone working with children or adults who struggle with past traumas and emotion regulation difficulties. It will be of interest to teachers / educators, teaching assistants / aids, speech and language, therapists, occupational therapists, and psychologists.
- Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
- Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organizer disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
- Participants to the course are not allowed to split registration for different persons.
- For 1 full day seminar, only one set of meal entitlement per day shall be given to the registered participants. For half day seminar, only coffee and tea will be provided.
- Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
- No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences.
- Registration will be taken as confirmed upon receipt of payment or issuance of invoice. Any cancellation will not be allowed. However, substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences. Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment must be received by due date, before attendance of training.
- All information provided in this form is accurate up to the closing date of normal registration.
Thu, 30 November 2023
Live Online Training
Dr. Isabelle Hénault
M.A., Ph.D. Sexologist & Psychologist Director of the Autism & Asperger’s Clinic at Montréal, Canada