Endometriosis Affects So Much More Than The Pelvis and Pelvic Organs
Body tension, pain postures, inflammation and nerve sensitivity can all have far-reaching consequences. Endo can cause problems with the muscles, nerves, fascia and lymphatic drainage in the legs, back, ribs, shoulders and neck among other places.
Many courses present lots of knowledge but you leave unsure how to apply it. The Endo Enigma has taken a cutting-edge understanding of endometriosis, inflammation and pain science and combined it with traditional osteopathic principles and philosophy to develop a clinical reasoning framework you can easily apply to help people with endometriosis and persistent pelvic pain in your clinical practice.
In this one-day course participants will gain an understanding of what endometriosis REALLY is and what causes it - debunking many current myths. You will learn an individualized assessment and treatment plan for patients with suspected or diagnosed endo and how it fits within the context of an interdisciplinary team.
The Endo Enigma has a strong practical focus including treatment protocols that you can use to make a significant impact on your patients’ lives including myofascial, lymphatic, visceral and other external manual techniques for pelvic pain, how lifestyle changes such as diet and breathing exercises can help, pre- and post-surgical support, and much more.
- What is endometriosis really? *Hint: It’s more than a pain in the uterus!
- Learn the language to describe what endo is and isn’t, and what causes it
- Understand the physiology of the pain generating mechanisms associated with endo
- Discover a clinical framework for the individualized assessment and treatment of your patients with suspected or diagnosed endometriosis
- Review the relevant, unique osteopathic treatment models for pain, lymphatics and central/peripheral sensitization and understand how osteopathy can fit into an endo management tool-kit
- Learn myofascial, lymphatic and visceral techniques that help people with endometriosis
- Learn to apply external approaches to pelvic floor release and external manual techniques for pelvic pain with informed consent in your practice
- Learn to become a confident, communicating member of an interdisciplinary team managing people with endometriosis
- Discover how lifestyle changes such as diet and breathing exercises can help with symptomatic endo
- Learn how to support your endo patients both pre- and post-surgically
The Endo Enigma course is applicable to all allied health manual therapy practitioners. You’ll leave with a framework for developing an assessment and treatment plan for patients with suspected or diagnosed endometriosis. Internal techniques will not be demonstrated.
The course will run from 8:30AM to 4PM. Places are limited to 20 attendees. It also includes morning and afternoon tea and an e-certificate of attendance for your CPD records. The course can be counted as 7 hours CPD.
Fees listed on Nexlec excludes local taxes - follow the ticket selection link to the Course Provider website for registration and fees.
Registering for an Event
- The Platform allows Attendees to search for and buy tickets to attend Events.
- Your registration to attend an Event will be confirmed by us or the Presenter in writing by way of an email confirmation and your registration for an Event is only completed upon such written confirmation to you.
- Bower Bird CPD may, in our sole and absolute discretion, either accept or reject your registration for an Event.
- The subject matter of an Event and all Presenter Content related to that Event is solely the responsibility of the Presenter. Attendees are solely responsible for determining if an Event will be suitable or relevant to their professional development. We may issue an e-certificate of attendance on behalf of the Presenter, however the ability of an Attendee to claim any CPD points for attendance at an Event is subject to the professional rules governing the Attendee’s profession and practice. We make no representation or warranty about the quality of the Presenter Content, the suitability or relevance of an Event to you, or the outcome of any Event. Any questions about Presenter Content may be directed to the Presenter.
Payment of Event Fee
- Event Fees will be as quoted on the Platform in Australian dollars. These prices include any applicable taxes but may exclude and any online payment administration charge imposed by us. All taxes, charges and fees will be added to the total amount due at the point of payment.
- Unless we specify otherwise in writing, you must pay the total amount of the Event Fee when registering for an Event.
- Payment methods: Payment for Event Fees must be made by a Valid Card through the Platform or as otherwise notified by us to you from time to time. By providing us with the details of your Valid Card, you authorise us to charge your Valid Card.
- Card payments: If you pay by a Valid Card, you may be required to show the card to us as proof of identification and so that we can check that the card conforms with the receipt data for the ticket booking.
- You must have sufficient funds available on your Valid Card to pay the Event Fee. We reserve the right to charge credit card surcharges and a $25 administration fee if there are insufficient funds available on your Valid Card. You acknowledge that such administration fee is a genuine pre-estimate of the loss we would incur as a result of your non-payment due to having insufficient funds.
- You undertake that you are an authorised user of your Valid Card; that the Valid Card details provided are current, correct and complete; and that your Valid Card will have sufficient funds to pay the full amount the Event Fee on each occasion.
- You acknowledge that Bower Bird is appointed by the Presenter to provide our Services for an Event. We will remit the Event Fee to the Presenter upon completion of the Event, after deducting our Service Fee.
- We may issue discount codes or vouchers (Vouchers) from time to time for use on the Platform. Vouchers may only be redeemed on the Platform. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded, and are valid for such period specified at the time of issue of the Voucher. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any Voucher any time without notice. The right to use a Voucher is personal to the intended recipient and may not be transferred nor exchanged for cash. No Voucher may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient. If we believe in our sole discretion that a Voucher is being used in breach of these terms, unlawfully, illegally or in bad faith, we may reject or cancel the Voucher.
Third Party Payment Providers
- We may use third party payment providers to process payments of Event Fees.
- You expressly authorise us to provide your Valid Card and/or bank account details to such third party payment providers for the sole purpose of administering payment of the Event Fee. All monetary transactions made through your use of the Platform are subject to any fees that a third party payment provider may charge.
Attending an Event
- We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the advertised Presenters present at each Event. If a Presenter withdraws from presenting at an Event, we may replace that Presenter with another Presenter. You agree that we may validly change or replace a Presenter, or change the order of Presenters at an Event, without providing notice to you.
- We may change the scheduled date or time of an Event or change the Event venue (“Rescheduled Event”). In those circumstances, we will make all reasonable efforts to contact registered Attendees using the contact details provided to us. If an Attendee is unable to attend an Event on the rescheduled date, time or venue and the Attendee notifies us before the date of the rescheduled Event, then we will provide a full refund of the relevant Event Fee.
- We are not liable for any Attendee travel or accommodation costs or out of pocket expenses incurred by any Attendee in connection with an Event, including any Rescheduled Event, and you release us from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with any Event or Rescheduled Event.
- Our Services are limited to co-ordinating, promoting and managing ticket sales for Events and we do not make any warranty in connection with the accuracy of any Presenter Content. Without limitation, we accept no responsibility or liability for any Presenter Content, including any error or omission in any Presenter Content provided at an Event.
- An attendee must notify us promptly in writing either on the Platform or at [email protected] if the Attendee is an organisation and it wishes to change the delegate(s) or individual attendees who will attend an Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event by any individual not notified to us as a delegate or individual attendee in advance.
- Once you have booked a ticket to an Event and your Event Fee payment has been authorised, you will be charged the full amount.
- You may cancel registration for an Event by giving us notice in writing, provided that such notice must be more than 14 days before the date of the Event. In those circumstances, we may refund the Event Fee at our sole discretion.
- If you cancel your registration for an Event within 14 days of the date of the Event or you fail to attend the Event for any reason without giving us prior written notice, you will be charged the full amount of the Event Fee and you will not be entitled to any refund of the Event Fee. In such circumstances if you have not already paid the full amount of the Event Fee, Bower Bird may require that you pay such amount.
- If the Event is cancelled by the Presenter for any reason, your bank or card issuer will refund the relevant amount. However, this may take between 3 to 5 working days (or longer, depending on your bank or card issuer). You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to any delay by your bank or card issuer in the release of funds back into your account.
You agree to indemnify, and must defend and hold harmless, Bower Bird and its related bodies corporate, personnel, servants and agents (Indemnified Parties), from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following:
c. your attendance or presentation at an Event, including for any death, personal injury, psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage, damage to equipment and other items) or any other loss or liability (“harm”) howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at an Event (including any harm arising from the negligence of Bower Bird and/or the Indemnified Parties);
d. if you are an Attendee - your claim against a Presenter for any reason;
e. if you are a Presenter - your claim against an Attendee for any reason;
f. if you are a Presenter - your Presenter Content and the presentation of your Presenter Content;
g. if you are a Presenter - any claim or allegation that your Presenter Content infringes a third party’s rights, including Intellectual Property Rights;
h. your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations; and
i. any misrepresentation made by you.
Please contact the Provider directly or follow the ticket selection button to the Course Provider Website for full terms and conditions.
Tickets:Course Fee (Incl. GST)$348
Sun, 04 June 2023
Southern Cross University, Gold Coast Campus
Gold Coast Airport, Terminal Dr, Bilinga,
B.App.Sci (Hum.Bio) M.Ost(Hons)
Sarah has been practicing as an Osteopath for over a decade and treated hundreds of people with endometriosis and pelvic pain. In conjuction with her colleague Rebbeca Malon she developed her CPD course The Endo Enigma inspired by osteopathy's whole-body approach and it's integration of body systems including the fascial system, lymphatic drainage and neural system.
Sarah completed her Bachelor of applied science (Human Biology) and Master of Osteopathy with honours in 2011. She completed her master’s thesis on chronic low back pain, focusing on the importance of education in chronic conditions. She has also completed additional studies in breathing through the BradCliff Method, women's health issues (particularly around chronic pelvic pain), pudendal neuralgia, endometriosis and extensive additional training in the neurobiology of pain, which is useful for many conditions.
Sarah currently runs Pivot Osteopthay based in Kelvin Grove, Brisbane and tutors in the Biomedical Sciences Department at the University of Queensland. She also has a fellowship in Lifestyle Medicine through the Australiasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine.
Sarah has been a frequent guest presenter on various women’s health panels and also created and ran a Women’s Health Symposium in Brisbane 2019. She is currently writing a book titled Whole Body Endo, focusing on the forgotten body, and looking beyond the pelvis for endo management, understanding how the body is integral to endometriosis management.
BAppSci.(Osteo) M.Ost. RMIT, BHSc.(NutDiet) EndevColl
Rebecca is based on the Sunshine Coast and has been practricing as an Osteopath for over 10 years. In clinic she primarily treats women's health issues focusing on pelvic pain, hormonal health, preconception, pregnancy and postpartum which led her to develop The Endo Enigma CPD course with her colleague Sarah Dryburgh.
She graduated RMIT with a Masters Degree in Osteopathy in 2010 and completed her Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine) in 2019.
In addition to her clinical role Rebecca is a lecturer and Curriculum Facilitator in the Myotherapy Department at Endeavour College of Natural Health and is the Queensland practitioner member for the Osteopathy Board of Australia.
Rebecca has been a contributor to multiple women’s health and endometriosis panels including presenting for University of Melbourne, Hypnobirthing Australia and QENDO. She has contributed two articles to OsteoLife Magazine on endometriosis and how nutrition and osteopathy can play a crucial role in the endometriosis care plan. Rebecca has also held a volunteer position as a facilitator and educator for QENDO and has worked with Women’s Health and Equality Queensland providing osteopathic care in a trauma informed manner to abuse survivors and those suffering chronic pelvic pain.