- Learn the different tooth preparation techniques for crowns and onlays.
- Learn the different ways to refine the tooth preparations.
- Learn how to take accurate impressions: Analog vs Digital.
- Learn fast and reliable methods to fabricate accurate provisional restorations.
- Learn how to fit finished restorations.
- Learn the cementation protocols for different types of cements.
Course Content: 23-24 Oct 2021 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Bio-mechanic principles of tooth preparations.
- Design of tooth preparations.
- Selection of impression materials.
- Soft tissue management.
- Impression taking: Traditional vs Digital techniques.
- Provisional restorations.
- Fitting protocols of finished restorations before cementation.
- Materials for cementing crowns and onlays.
- Step-by-step cementation procedures.
- Checking of occlusion to ensure uninterrupted function.
- Importance of magnification.
- Common mistakes: How to avoid and to rectify them.
- Crown preparations: Anterior and Posterior region.
- Onlay preparation.
- Fabricating provisional restorations.
- Refining preparation margin: Rotary / Ultrasonic / Chisel.
- Checking preparation depth before final impression.
- Digital scan: Check margin and depth of preparation.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time of the course should unforeseen circumstances occur. In the event the course is unable to proceed and the organizer cancels the course for any reason whatsoever, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded. The organizer shall not be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to such cancellation, including, but not limited to, airfare, hotel expenses, cancellation penalties and any other private expenses.
Should the participant cancel his/her registration/participation in the course or is unable to attend the course due to any unforeseen circumstances, the following shall apply subject to the participant’s notification of such cancellation to the organizer in writing: If notification of cancellation is given more than 6 months prior to the start of the course, fees paid for the course shall be fully refunded, subject to a deduction of SGD100 for administration and bank charges.
- If notification of cancellation is given 4 - 6 months prior to the start of the course, 75% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 2 – 4 months prior to the start of the course, 50% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given 1 - 2 months prior to the start of the course, 25% of fees paid for the course shall be refunded.
- If notification of cancellation is given less than 1 month prior to the start of the course, there shall be no refund of any fees/money paid for the course.
The organizer reserves the right to amend or substitute any of the above from time to time as they deem fit.
Tickets:AI Elite Club Member ExclusiveClosedNon-AI Elite Club Member ExclusiveClosed
Sat, 23 October 2021
Lecture and Hands-on
Center of Excellence for Advanced Microscopy (CEAM), KL Trillion
338, Jln Tun Razak, Kampung Datuk Keramat, Wilayah Persekutuan,
Dr. Loo Lit Chong
Graduating from the University of Malaya, Dr. Loo Lit Chong obtained his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Malaya in 1985. He went on to qualify for the Diploma of Membership from the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners (UK) of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1997. He later completed a Comprehensive Licence Certification Course in Implant Dentistry at the University of Sharjah (UAE) in 2013. Dr. Loo has served in various capacities within the Malaysian Dental Association, and is very active in organising dental education programmes. In recognition of his worthy contributions to the advancement of dentistry, he was awarded Fellowship by the International College of Dentists and the Academy of Dentistry International. Since beginning his private practice in 1987, Dr. Loo has become skilled in all aspects of general dentistry, with a special interest in implants, orthodontics and aesthetics dentistry.
Dr. Teo Choo Kum
Well known for his long and dedicated service and contribution to the dentistry industry and the community at large
Datuk Dr. Teo has held various positions within the dental community, and has been constantly recognised for his contributions to the field. He was a past President of both the Malaysian Dental Association and Malaysian Endodontic Society. He was appointed by the Honorable Minister of Health as a Council Member of the Malaysian Dental Council for 6 years and has also served as a Trustee of the MDA Foundation. Datuk Dr. Teo is a Fellow of the Academy of Osseointegration, a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow of the International College of Dentists, a Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International, an Honorary Fellow of the Asian Oral Implant Dentistry and a Fellow of the International College of Continuing Dental Education, APDF. He is also a Diplomate and Board Member cum Examiner of the Asia Pacific Academy of Implant Dentistry. Over the course of his career, he has helped organise International Dental Conferences such as the Asia Pacific Dental Congress and the FDI World Dental Congress in Kuala Lumpur. For his numerous contributions to the industry and the community at large, Datuk Dr. Teo was awarded the royal status of “Panglima Jasa Negara” by the Yang Di Pertuan Agong (His Majesty the King of Malaysia) entitling him to use the honorific title of “ Datuk” in 2005.After obtaining his Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from the University of Singapore in 1972, Datuk Dr. Teo Choo Kum PJN, began his career as a Dental Officer with the Malaysian Ministry of Health before commencing general dental practice in Taiping, Perak ten years later. In 1982, he was awarded a British Council scholarship to pursue a Master of Science degree in Conservative Dentistry at the Eastman Dental Institute, University of London. Returning to Kuala Lumpur in 1984, he joined Tam Dental Surgery as a specialist in Restorative Dentistry. Apart from practicing professionally, Datuk Dr. Teo also played an active role in the educational aspect of the industry. From 1989 to 1997, he was appointed as a part-time lecturer in the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya. He was also a visiting Dental Consultant to Tung Shin Hospital, Tawakal Hospital and Subang Jaya Medical Center for over 15 years. In July 2015, he joined Artius Dental Group and established Teo Prosthodontist Sdn. Bhd. From March 2017 onwards, he is based at Artius Pavilion Dental Clinic Kuala Lumpur as a Restorative Dentistry Specialist. He also plays a role as a visiting Consultant to Encia Dental Specialist and Artius Dental Specialist Center in Kuala Lumpur.