This course consists of two parts – an online pre-course lecture on veneer preparations and two days of face-to-face live in-person hands-on training.
- The morning session will consist of a Smile Design lecture which will include:
- How to choose between creating a natural smile or a media smile for your patient.
- Cosmetic Imaging techniques for sales and treatment planning
- Assessing Occlusal vertical dimension
- Creating the correct Occlusal planes for the full mouth recon.
- Choosing the ideal centre line for your patient.
- Communication with the technician the correct smile line and anterior Occlusal plane.
- Creating ideal aesthetics by incorporating golden proportion into your restorations.
- Understanding Anterior tooth shapes and anatomy to create beautiful Anterior composite and porcelain restorations
The afternoon session will consist of veneer preparation hands-on training practical.
- Using phonetics to ensure correct tooth profiles
- Lip lines and central incisor dominance
- 50:40:30 rule for contact areas
- Importance of the Dennis Tarnow rule for eliminating black triangle disease.
- Creating the ideal buccal corridor and changing emergence profile v banana teeth
- Soft tissue aesthetics
- Restorative solutions to uneven gingival margins
- Use of pink composite and porcelain to mimic gingival tissue.
- Using Anterior restorative Ortho GDP techniques to create ideal aesthetics prior to restoring
The afternoon session will consist of a veneer cementation hands-on training practical.
The participants must complete, before attending the face-to-face course, an online lecture
The pre-recorded online lecture on veneer preparations will show you the latest techniques for minimally invasive veneers and will include:
- the use of preparation matrices to guide tooth preps
- when to use Conventional vs slice preps
- prepless veneers and when they can and can't be used
- the importance of dentine sealing after preparation
- feldspathic vs Emax restorations and how to choose which to use
- impression techniques to ensure no distorted models
- how to avoid black triangles
- Geller Models vs standard modes for the fabrication of the Veneers
- diagnostic waxing and prototypes
Refund & Cancellation Policy
CONFERENCES, HANDS-ON COURSE AND ALL OTHER EVENTS
A refund of the registration fee will be made as follows: Notification in writing must be received 60 days prior to the event: 50% – excluding VAT, bank charges and other charges relates to the payment. Notification in writing must be received 30 days prior to the event: 25% – excluding VAT, bank charges and other charges relates to the payment. Notification received within less than 30 days prior to the event will result in no refund.
PG EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
A refund of the registration fee will be made as follows: 50% refund will be provided (excluding VAT, bank charges and other charges relates to the payment) if CAPP EVENTS & TRAINING receives a notiﬁcation in writing 3 months prior to the start of the first module. No refund will be given after this date. All notifications must be received in writing.
Wed, 13 December 2023
Lecture and Hands-on
CAPP Events & Training
Onyx Tower 2 | Office P204 & P205,
Prof. Paul A. Tipton