Explore systematic approaches to shoulder management. The courses and workshops draw on 35 years of clinical experience and the very latest evidence in physical therapy.
- Study a systematic approach to accurate, objective assessment of the shoulder region.
- Apply highly effective treatment skills specifically related to restoration of shoulder movement.
- Learn how to efficiently optimize mobility, enhance stability and restore neural dynamics.
- Review the essential functional integrated anatomy and biomechanics of the region.
- Practice an extensive spectrum of rehabilitation & functional strengthening exercises.
- Establishing treatment goals and priorities with you subjective assessment. What questions should we be asking our patients? What are we trying to learn?
- Assessing the patients meaningful functional movements. Analysis of the symptoms.
- Performing the essential range of motion tests. How do we accurately assess shoulder joint motion and what tests and objective measurements are most relevant?
- Assessing upper limb neural tension and establishing a meaningful score / objective measurement to monitor changes in neural tension in response to manual therapy.
- Application of manual therapy techniques to improve upper limb neural tension.
- Assessments of the cervical and thoracic spine and the implications of spinal involvement in upper limb pain, restriction and dysfunction.
- Questioning the value of classic orthopaedic tests. Which tests are relevant and which have limited value?
- Moving away patho-anotomical diagnoses and a Discussion of the challenges of excessive medical imaging. What value are the scans?
- Understanding labral pathology and he implications to management and prognosis.
- Instability tests and the unstable shoulder. How do we test the integrity of the specific ligaments of the gleno-humeral joint.
- Simplifying the assessment of scapulae dyskineses and recognizing the muscle imbalances that drive the common dyskineses.
- Assessment of the scapula test and how it influences treatment choices.
- Soft tissue palpation and soft tissue release techniques for the muscles influencing scapula position and general gleno-humeral mobility.
- Understanding the precise role of the rotator cuff muscles recognizing common imbalances in the function of the cuff.
- Establishing a systematic approach to strengthening the region, including scapula stability exercises and rotator cuff strengthening.
- Identifying and performing the most effective rehabilitation exercises for the efficient return to function.
- Study a precise and systematic approach to objective assessment of the shoulder.
- Apply highly effective treatment skills for managing shoulder and Cx dysfunctions
- Understand concepts of optimal mobility, stability and neural dynamics.
- Review the functional anatomy and essential biomechanics of the region.
- Identify both common and complex upper limb muscle imbalances.
- Practice an extensive spectrum of rehab & functional strengthening exercises.
Refunds and Cancellations
- All tickets purchased for Health Adventure live events (lectures, seminars, courses) and all online educational / training products and online courses are non-refundable. However if your travel is restricted due to public health reasons or if (in the unlikely event that) the course is postponed or cancelled - full refunds will be made available
- A 'cooling-off' period 48 hours from the time of purchase is applicable for live events - if you choose to cancel your order in this 48 hour period you will receive a 90% refund. No such cooling off period applies for online products.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend a live event for which you have registered, you can contact Health Adventure via email to request a partial refund on your enrolment fee: or you may choose to transfer across to another course date / location or transfer your registration to another person ($50 transfer fee applies) email [email protected] for details.
- Notify us greater than 4-weeks prior to course date - receive 50% refund.
- Notify us 2 to 4 weeks prior to course date - receive 33% refund.
- Notify us less than 2 weeks prior to the course date - receive 25% refund.
Tickets:Early BirdClosed(Standard FeeClosedSuper Early BirdClosed
Sat, 03 December 2022
Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
90 Yishun Central,
Wayne Rodgers is an APA sports physiotherapist, functional strength coach and highly experienced course presenter with over 30 years of clinical experience. He has been a sports physiotherapist for several national and international sports teams including the Australian Netball team and the Australian Commonwealth Games team.
Wayne has a special interest in the management of shoulder dysfunctions and in the effective utilisation of functional strength training within physiotherapy practice. When designing and delivering professional development courses he has a strong focus on providing evidence-based, highly systematic approaches to assessment and treatment - with a significant component of all his courses dedicated to the acquisition and mastery of practical skills.
With an ability to convert complex health and high performance concepts into vitalised messages and simple strategies, Wayne has become a very popular presenter on sports physiotherapy and fitness industry seminars and courses. He has presented over 3000 hours of training and education to receptive audiences throughout Australia and around the world over the past 20 years.
His current professionals roles include: running a successful sports physiotherapy clinic and functional strength coaching facility in Noosa QLD, contributing to the Masters in Sports Medicine program at Melbourne University, developing online education and training programs and delivering up to 30 physiotherapy and exercise professional courses per year.