Why Do We Need To Know About Interoception?
- Because it is an integral part of body awareness with links into praxis and emotional behavioral control
- Our proprioceptive system needs to connect to our interoceptive system for efficient regulation and control
- Interoception links up with our inner awareness to assist in feeling calm and regulated in our spatial surround
- Explore these connections and make it practical with regards to assessment and intervention
- Apply practical suggestions to your work work through targeted intervention with improved outcomes in treatment
- This workshop will cover pertinent research from A.D. Craig, as will also discuss assessment and intervention from an SI perspective. Included will be a discussion on the Polyvagal Theory of Dr. S. Porges and all will be brought together in a practical way, making the science sensible to use in every day sessions. This workshop will also include noted comments on Mindfulness practice and the use of “quieting the mind” to influence body awareness, praxis and occupational function. Whether you are coming from a social-emotional perspective or postural-praxis perspective, this “theory to practice” workshop will influence your thinking in chasing the “why” in your clients in both assessment and intervention.
- 08.30 to 09.00am - Registration
- 09.00 to 10.30am - Interoception and Body Awareness
- 10.30 to 11.00am - Morning Break
- 11.00 to 12.00pm - Proprioception, Interoception and Sensory Modulation
- 12.00 to 01.00pm - Lunch
- 01.00 to 02.00pm - Polyvagal Theory and Interoception
- 02.00 to 02.45pm - Assessment
- 02.45 to 03.00pm - Afternoon Break
- 03.00 to 04.30pm - Intervention
- 04.30 to 05.00pm Q and A – Completing workshop assessment
Workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe 5 significant markers of Interoception
- List 3 major factors to consider with regards to interoceptive and proprioceptive functioning
- Discuss the overlap between Polyvagal theory and Interoception
- Discover tools to support assessment of Interoception
- Include multiple techniques with regards to Interoception and Proprioception into the therapist toolbox
Who Can Benefit?
Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Educators, Psychologists, Social Work professionals, Parents
- Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
- Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organizer disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
- Participants to the course are not allowed to split registration for different persons.
- For 1 full day seminar, only one set of meal entitlement per day shall be given to the registered participants. For half day seminar, only coffee and tea will be provided.
- Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
- No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences.
- Registration will be taken as confirmed upon receipt of payment or issuance of invoice. Any cancellation will not be allowed. However, substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences. Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment must be received by due date, before attendance of training.
- All information provided in this form is accurate up to the closing date of normal registration.
Tickets:Early BirdClosedNormal RateClosed
Wed, 30 November 2022
Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
317 Outram Rd,
Maude Le Roux
OTR/L, IMC, SIPT, CTC, DIR-FT Expert Trainer
Maude Le Roux is an occupational therapist with an extensive following of professionals across the globe. She is SIPT trained and Sensory Integration forms the foundation from which she continues to develop different tracks of assessment and intervention. Maude is certified in multiple different techniques that she applies uniquely through her Developmental Pathways Model (DPM). She has completed extensive course work in Interoception and Polyvagal Theory, which she actively applies in her center in Glen Mills, PA, Maude has a team of dedicated professionals, many of whom had been with her over 10 years as well as being with her since inception of her center in 2001. Maude opened her online Academy in 2019 from which she trains other professionals across the globe in the assessment and intervention methodologies she uses. She gives back to her community by serving on different boards and currently serves on the Board of Directors for ATTACh, a national organization dedicated to serve families and children with attachment related difficulties and trauma informed care. She co-authored the book “Our Greatest Allies” in 2011 with Lauren O’Malley describing the journey of one autistic child.