We have all seen plenty of hamstring strains in our time, particularly those working with sporting teams. As you all know they are known to recur. How do we stop these recurrent injuries? How do we ensure we are collecting the most useful information in our objective testing and preparing the athlete for a safe and competent return to their sport? In this presentation we will cover things such as:
- Hamstring anatomy and function in high-speed gait
- The latest classification for hamstring strain
- Useful statistics in professional sport
- Risk factors for injury including ones we can modify
- What you MUST include in your objective assessment
- How to plan and provide a thorough rehab program from beginning to end to adequately prepare the athlete for a safe return to their chosen sport
- Then how to monitor the athlete as they return
- The dreaded central tendon injury
- Who needs surgery and more….
Ideal for all practitioners of manual therapy
Once registered you will receive a confirmation email. Login instructions are provided closer to the event.
Refunds, Transfers & Credits
If a course is cancelled for any reason by GEMt then as much notice as possible will be given to course participants. In this instance, course fees only will be returned in full as soon as possible. For International courses, GEMt accepts and refunds course fees in AUD. We are not accountable for fluctuations in exchange rates. NB. GEMt is not liable nor responsible for any other out of pocket expenses incurred by registrants due to course cancellations or venue changes; this may include flights, accommodation or bank fees on financial transfers.
Regions are defined as:
- Australia / New Zealand
Transfers within the same region:
If you wish to transfer to another GEMt course within the same region, the following fees will be incurred:
- Outside of 30 days of course commencement = FREE transfer to the requested course
- Under 30 days of course commencement = 25% administration charge
Transfers between regions incur the following charges:
- Outside of 30 days of course commencement = 25% administration charge
- Under 30 days of course commencement = 50% administration charge
- Outside 30 days of course commencement = 25% administration charge
- Under 30 days of course commencement = 75% administration charge
- Under 14 days of course commencement = 100% administration charge, i.e. no refund
Inability to Participate in needling.
- If for any reason a course participant is unable to take needles for the duration of the course e.g. Pregnancy / Religion / Needle Phobic/ Metal allergies… arrangements must be made to bring a friend along to take needles in their place.
- There will be costs involved to cover all catering and prior contact must be made to course co-ordinator at time of registration to arrange such payment.
Those Clinicians that have done other courses
- If you have already completed another dry needling course, you are entitled to a 50% discount on the full course fee on Australian held courses. (Not available for Essentials, Upper Limb, Lower Limb or guest courses)
Wed, 22 November 2023
Brandon has been employed at Sandringham Sports Physio (SSP) since 2004. He has established himself as a Senior Physiotherapist and is the current Operations Manager at this facility.
Brandon has been extensively utilising Dry Needling during this time and has successfully completed the accredited GEMt Introductory and Advanced courses.
Brandon has worked with the successful Sandringham Football Club since 2005 and is involved in mentoring staff at SSP.
Brandon has travelled as an instructor for GEMt since 2008.