Identify the clear objectives of an Emergency Appointment to ensure your Front Office Team can take control of such situations effectively whilst maximising patient care.
Emergencies can oftentimes cause chaos - disrupting an ideal day in the practice and everyone’s focus on providing maximised patient care. Yet, emergencies are part of what a dental practice does.
Patients expect to be seen ‘immediately’ when in pain or if something has gone wrong in their mouths, and they want the situation completely resolved in that one appointment. How can you take control, manage expectations, and maximise patient care without having the appointment ruin an ideal day that you had scheduled?
In this session we will learn…
- How to create a relationship with the patient (who is in pain or unwell)
- How to gather vital information through using Qualifying Questions to triage the patient so that you know how much time to book the patient in
- How to motivate the patient and set expectations
- A tool to record patient details to ensure the right information is captured in a format that can be provided to the Dentist and Team before the appointment.
- You will also receive additional communication tools that will help you manage those persistent patients who try to take control of your appointment book, and some handy tips on how to pre-block emergency appointments to ensure you can still have an ideal day and maximise patient care.
Audience: Dentist, Practice Owner, Practice Manager, Dental Assistant / Nurse, Front Office Coordinator.
- Handle Emergency appointments more effectively by understanding their purpose.
- Maximise patient care and minimise disruptions in your ideal day through our proven four-step process.
Live Online Training (LOT)
This Live Online Training course is run using an online training software called Zoom. You will be able to see and hear the presenters as well as view their presentation on the screen.
While you won’t need to use your webcam or your microphone, you will be engaged on various topics using the chat tool, question polls and other live online activities!
About Prime ACADEMY
All LOT is supported by the Prime ACADEMY, where you can review upcoming event sessions, pre and post readings, and complete quizzes, surveys and your certificate.
Come back as often as you wish to review learning, keep your profile updated, reflect on the latest Prime news and connect in the discussion channels.
Australian clinicians are required to make their own assessment as to the number of hours of Non-Scientific Continuing Education each course provides. This course is eligible for NZDA CPD points.
Prime Practice guarantees courses are compliant with the current Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on Continuing Professional Development.
* Number of accredited CPD hours depends on the length of the workshop.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this website or placing an order.
In these Terms and Conditions:
“we”, “our” and “us” means Prime Practice Pty. Ltd. (ACN 161 578 454) and “you” and “your” means the user of this website or the person placing an order.
- By using this site and/or placing an order you are accepting these terms and conditions and confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, our Privacy Statement (https://primepractice.com.au/privacy) or are not at least 18 years old do not use this website.
- We may update this website and change these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of this website after such update or change will constitute your deemed acceptance of such update or change.
- When using this website or you send emails to us you are communicating with us electronically. By using this website we and you consent to receiving communications electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this website. We and you agree that all electronic communications between us of agreements notices disclosures or other information satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- This website and all content contained within it is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and no portion of it may be used without our express written permission.
- If there are links to other websites from this website we are not responsible for the information contained on those websites and you should familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions relating to the use of those websites. We are not liable for any damage caused by use of those websites.
- We will take reasonable care in ensuring that our website is free from viruses or other dangerous content however cannot guarantee that the use of this website will not cause damage to your computer or other devices. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have the proper equipment and antivirus software to use this website safely.
- The nature of Internet communications means a communications may susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays and you agree that unless proven otherwise we are not responsible for such occurrence.
- We exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website or the content contained within it. We’re liability cannot be excluded any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of this website or the content is limited as provided under the Australian Consumer Law.
- From time to time there may be content on this website that contains typographical errors and inaccuracies or oversights relating to a product description, product image, price, promotion, special offer or availability. In any of these circumstances we have the right to amend any typographical errors, inaccuracies or oversights and to correct or update content or cancel orders at any time without prior notice including when orders have been submitted.
- By completing and submitting an electronic order form you are making an offer to purchase a right to participate at an Event which if accepted by us will result in a binding contract when we confirm registration by email (usually within two days of submitting an order) for an Event and issue a tax invoice to you. We retain the right to cancel orders if our processes identify any attempt at fraud or for any other legitimate reason.
- The price displayed for products on this website represents the full price including any applicable tax. We reserve the right to vary prices at any time without prior notice.
- Payment for orders are made via Stripe Payments Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 160 180 343) when you check out from the product order screen.
- Once your order has been accepted by us it may not be cancelled by you without our express written consent.
- In respect of any material provided as part of an Event (“Materials”) you agree that: a) we own or are entitled all copyright in respect of the Materials; b) you may not allow any other person to use the Materials; c) you may not use the Materials to provide any services of any kind to any other person; d) the Materials should not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication; e) the Materials may not be modified or altered in any way; and f) the Materials may not be distributed or sold to any third party for any purpose.
- In respect of an Event being held in Australia we confirm that course is compliant with the current Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on CPD.
- In respect of an Event being held in New Zealand the NZDA verifies, that based on the information provided to NZDA, this activity meets the Dental Council policy requirements for CPD. NZDA CPD verification does not imply promotion or endorsement of the contents of any course. Attendees need to use professional judgment to assess the validity and usefulness of techniques, materials or therapeutic products to their own business.
- In respect of an Event being held in Singapore we confirm that the course has been verified by the Singapore Dental Council for CPE points.
- By placing an order you acknowledge that you will receive an email inviting you to register as a user of the Prime Practice Academy and that to perfect your registration/attendance at an Event you will be required to register as a user in the Prime Practice Academy.
- You acknowledge and agree that the information provided by us at any Event (“Information”) is information of a general and non specific nature only and may or may not have application in relation to a specific business. To the fullest extent permitted by law the user of any Information (“User”) as condition of using the Information acknowledges and agrees we shall not be liable to the User for any injuries, claims, losses, expenses or damages (including any special, indirect or consequential damages whether relating to loss of profits or revenue or otherwise) whatsoever that the User may be or become liable for as a consequence of or in connection with the use by the User of the Information.
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law our liability and the liability of our employees, agents and contractors to you and or/a User for any and all injuries, claims, losses, expenses or damages (including general, special, indirect or consequential damages whether relating to loss of profits or revenue or otherwise) whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to the Information from any cause or causes including but not limited to the negligence, errors, omissions, strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty by us (but excluding any wilful or intentional wrong) shall not exceed the greater of the total amount paid by for the order or $10,000. Notwithstanding the above the liability of Prime for breach of any guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the Australian Consumer Law, or comparable legislation in each of the States and Territories of Australia is limited to any of the following as determined by Prime: a) the supplying of the Services again; or b) the payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. You and we irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and any courts which have jurisdiction to hear appeals from any of those courts and waives any right to object to any proceedings being brought in those courts