The Sonic Healthcare Foundation Certificate of Men’s Health provides an introduction to men’s health conditions commonly seen in primary care, covering crucial areas such as prostate conditions, prostate cancer, STIs, and lifestyle choices. The gender-specific health needs of men are a significant part of day-to-day work in general practice. It is therefore crucial that primary care physicians have the necessary skills to address common concerns among their male patients, improving outcomes and saving lives.
The online Foundation Certificate of Men’s Health is delivered by Sonic Healthcare and provides an entry point into the HealthCert Certificate Course and the Men’s Health pathway, quality-assured by Bond University.
Upon completion of the Sonic Healthcare Foundation Certificate, participants will receive Recognition of Prior Learning and financial credit towards the Professional Certificate of Men’s Health, and will have to complete four online modules and an online assessment to qualify for the university quality-assured certificate. Professional Certificate graduates can then continue on their education pathway towards the Advanced Certificate.
This course is the first stage of the Certificate Courses of Men's Health. The education pathway is: Sonic Healthcare Foundation Certificate of Men's Health, Professional Certificate of Men's Health and Advanced Certificate of Men's Health.
Entry Requirements and Course Requisites
The Sonic Healthcare Foundation Certificate of Men's Health is tailored for medical doctors who wish to improve patient outcomes by managing common male health issues in general practice.
This course is for medical doctors and degree-qualified nurses that work under their supervision. There are no prerequisites. Participants do not have to pass an IELTS test but, as the courses are delivered in English, proficiency in listening, reading and writing English is assumed.
- Prostate conditions and prostate check
- Prostate cancer
- Sexually transmitted infections in men
- GP cases in men’s health: Lifestyle choices
Course Participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive access to research/readings in the field.
- Participate in a webinar prior to the examinations and ask questions of an expert in Women's Health.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.
The Foundation Certificate of Men's Health is delivered online by Sonic Healthcare. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience.
Note this e-course is not hosted on Nexlec and users can click the "Select" button to be directed to the course page.
Condition of Sale
- Enrolments in HealthCert Education courses are sold subject to these and any other additional conditions of admission as provided in the course information detailed on our website/s.
- Should you be unable to participate in the course, please inform us at [email protected]
- The following conditions will apply to any changes to enrolments and clinical attachments that have been paid and confirmed.
Face to Face Courses
- Course transfers for Face to Face practical workshops are available, subject to requests being received, in writing, a minimum of 10 business days prior to workshop commencement. Transfer requests received after 10 business days prior to workshop commencement will incur an Administration Fee of $250.
- Transfers will be subject to availability in the future workshops. If the future workshop has a cost differential, that price will apply, and any additional charges will be payable at the time of the transfer request.
- One workshop transfer, per course is allowed. Further transfers will be considered upon application and may be charged at 25% of a full new workshop booking rate.
- Transfers for Online courses are available subject to requests being received, in writing, within 7 days of enrolment. Transfer requests received after the 7 days post enrolment will incur an Administration Fee of $200. One course transfer request, per course is allowed.
- If the future course being transferred to, has a cost differential, that price will apply, and any additional charges will be payable at the time of the course transfer request.
Online Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation and a full refund of the course fees will be provided if a request is received, in writing, a maximum of 7 days after course enrolment. Refund requests received later than 7 days after course enrolment will incur an Administration Fee of $250. Upon cancellation and full refund of the course enrolment, you will not receive a certificate or accreditation points.
Courses purchased as part of a bundle attract a discount. This discount is apportioned to the final course in the bundle in the cases of cancellations and refunds. Therefore, cancellation and refund requests of a course that have been purchased as part of a bundle are refunded based on the first and/or second course being charged at the full price rate. Any courses remaining in the bundle can be refunded provided the request is received, in writing, a maximum of 7 days after course enrolment. Refund requests received later than 7 days after course enrolment will incur an Administration Fee of $250.
Differed Payment Terms
Courses purchased as part of a bundle with a deferred payment will be eligible for release of certificate in stages based on the payment schedule. For the release of the final certificate the bundle must be paid in full.
Certificate and CPD points can be released as follows:
- Course 1 - Upon 33% payment of total deferred payments received and course completed, certificate to be released and CPD points uploaded
- Course 2 - Upon 66% payment of total deferred payments received and course completed, certificate to be released and CPD points uploaded
- Course 3 - Upon 100% payment of total deferred payments received and course completed, certificate to be released and CPD points uploaded
- The clinical attachment program is aimed at qualified general practitioners who have completed the relevant HealthCert courses (or equivalent). Places are subject to availability and clinic schedules.
- Cancellation and a full refund of the fees will be provided if a request is received, in writing, a minimum of 10 business days prior to commencement. Refund requests received after 10 business days prior to commencement will incur an Administration Fee of $250. Cancellation requests post commencement will not result in a refund.
- If the Workshops or Clinical Attachments are cancelled for reasons outside the reasonable control of HealthCert Education Pte Ltd, the booking fee will not be refunded however an alternate place may be arranged with a future Workshop at the sole discretion of HealthCert Education Pte Ltd.
HealthCert Education Pte Ltd reserves the right to:
- deny entry; and
- to vary the Workshop presenters, format, booking fee, venue and seating arrangements at the venue.
- Any variation to the advertised venue will be notified by HealthCert Education Pte Ltd as soon as reasonably practical after the change.
- Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the Workshop.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be used within the venue Workshop presentations may not be photographed or recorded in any format. Breach of this requirement may lead to confiscation of equipment and recording medium. Mobile communication devices must be switched off during the Workshops.
- Any information provided at the Workshops is not to be regarded as a substitute to any professional medical advice.
- Printed certificates are delivered in Australia and New Zealand. If you reside internationally, you will receive an electronic copy of your certificate.
Our speakers comprise of qualified professionals sharing their knowledge, skills and experience to inspire and educate delegates, allowing them to improve themselves in their chosen field.