Get To The Guts Of Your Patients’ Symptoms.
Stretching from head to pelvis, the visceral fascia is the most complex layer of fascia in the body and fundamentally involved with major vasculature, thoracic and abdominal systems. Learn to confidently examine and treat your patients viscero-fascial contributors to their pain or dysfunction in this course from osteopath Liz Howard.
You will practice a range of effective techniques and protocols that will enable you to confidently treat the supportive fascia of the thorax and abdominal viscera, including links to the musculo-skeletal system.
Exploring Visceral Fascia has a strong practical focus including treatment protocols (including patient education and self-management tools) that you can use immediately in your practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Update and extend your understanding of the anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the visceral fascia of the thorax and abdomen
- Discover the key questions to ask in the case history to help identify viscero-fascial dysfunction contributing to their symptoms
- Recognize when your patient will benefit from direct or indirect viscero-fascial techniques
- Learn treatment protocols and planning for common presentations involving viscero-fascial restrictions
- Learn and practice new techniques you can use to confidently treat visceral fascia.
- Learn simple patient education and self-management tools
Attendees also have the opportunity to attend Liz Howard’s popular Myofascial Release course which explores the functional anatomy and amazing properties of fascia and introduced assessment, protocols and techniques to address myofascial restrictions and contributors to pain.
The Exploring Visceral Fascia course is applicable to all allied health manual therapy practitioners. It will include practical examination and treatment protocols you will be able to use with confidence in your practice.
The course will run from 8:30AM to 4PM. Places are limited to 20 attendees. It also includes morning and afternoon tea, printed notes and an e-certificate of attendance for your CPD records. The course can be counted as 6 hours CPD.
Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors
Registering for an Event
- Your registration to attend an Event will be confirmed by Bower Bird or the Presenter in writing by way of an email confirmation and your registration for an Event is only completed upon such written confirmation to you.
- Bower Bird may, in their sole and absolute discretion, either accept or reject your registration for an Event.
- The subject matter of an Event and all Presenter Content related to that Event is solely the responsibility of the Presenter. Attendees are solely responsible for determining if an Event will be suitable or relevant to their professional development. Course provider may issue an e-certificate of attendance on behalf of the Presenter, however the ability of an Attendee to claim any CPD points for attendance at an Event is subject to the professional rules governing the Attendee’s profession and practice. Bower Bird make no representation or warranty about the quality of the Presenter Content, the suitability or relevance of an Event to you, or the outcome of any Event. Any questions about Presenter Content may be directed to the Presenter.
Attending An Event
- Bower Bird will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the advertised Presenters present at each Event. If a Presenter withdraws from presenting at an Event, we may replace that Presenter with another Presenter. You agree that Bower Bird may validly change or replace a Presenter, or change the order of Presenters at an Event, without providing notice to you.
- Bower Bird may change the scheduled date or time of an Event or change the Event venue (“Rescheduled Event”). In those circumstances, Bower Bird will make all reasonable efforts to contact registered Attendees using the contact details provided to Bower Bird. If an Attendee is unable to attend an Event on the rescheduled date, time or venue and the Attendee notifies Bower Bird before the date of the rescheduled Event, then Bower Bird will provide a full refund of the relevant Event Fee.
- Bower Bird are not liable for any Attendee travel or accommodation costs or out of pocket expenses incurred by any Attendee in connection with an Event, including any Rescheduled Event, and you release Bower Bird from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with any Event or Rescheduled Event.
- Bower Bird Services are limited to co-ordinating, promoting and managing ticket sales for Events and Bower Bird do not make any warranty in connection with the accuracy of any Presenter Content. Without limitation, Bower Bird accept no responsibility or liability for any Presenter Content, including any error or omission in any Presenter Content provided at an Event.
- An attendee must notify Bower Bird promptly in writing either on the Platform or at [email protected] if the Attendee is an organization and it wishes to change the delegate(s) or individual attendees who will attend an Event. Bower Bird reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event by any individual not notified to Bower Bird as a delegate or individual attendee in advance.
- Once you have booked a ticket to an Event and your Event Fee payment has been authorized, you will be charged the full amount.
- You may cancel registration for an Event by giving Bower Bird notice in writing, provided that such notice must be more than 14 days before the date of the Event. In those circumstances, Bower Bird may refund the Event Fee at their sole discretion.
- If you cancel your registration for an Event within 14 days of the date of the Event or you fail to attend the Event for any reason without giving us prior written notice, you will be charged the full amount of the Event Fee and you will not be entitled to any refund of the Event Fee. In such circumstances if you have not already paid the full amount of the Event Fee, Bower Bird may require that you pay such amount.
- If the Event is cancelled by the Presenter for any reason, your bank or card issuer will refund the relevant amount. However, this may take between 3 to 5 working days (or longer, depending on your bank or card issuer). You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to any delay by your bank or card issuer in the release of funds back into your account.
Sun, 12 September 2021
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills
359 Crown St Surry Hills,
|Provider:||Bower Bird CPD|
BAppSc(Clin Sc) BOstSc MScMed(PainMgt)
Elizabeth Howard has over 20 years of experience as an Osteopath and has worked at the Women’s Health & Research Institute of Australia for over 5 years. Her main focus is the holistic management of complex pelvic pain with the interdisciplinary team, working closely with Professor Thierry Vancaillie (Gynaecologist and Pain Medicine Specialist).
Her roles include Osteopathic care, pain education, clinical specialist in sacral neuromodulation and facilitating group education for pelvic pain. Most recently she has been helping manage the women suffering from pelvic pain after mesh surgery for prolapse or incontinence at WHRIA and the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick.
Liz has been involved in clinical research at WHRIA and in conjunction with the Royal Hospital for Women since joining WHRIA. In addition to numerous poster presentations, her work in major journals includes:
- Vancaillie, T., Tan, Y., Chow, J., Kite, L., & Howard, L. (2018). Pain after vaginal prolapse repair surgery with mesh is a post‐surgical neuropathy which needs to be treated–and can possibly be prevented in some cases. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Vancaillie, T., Kite, L., Howard, E., & Chow, J. (2018). Sacral neuromodulation for pelvic pain and pelvic organ dysfunction: A case series. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 58(1), 102-107.
Her teaching experience ranges from lectures and technique in Undergraduate and Master’s Osteopathic programs (University of Western Sydney, Southern Cross University), clinical supervision of Osteopathic students (UWS, SCU, SportsMed Mumbai), Osteopathy Australia National Conference presentation, Pelvic Floor Seminars, GP education evenings and Allied Health events.