Get To The Guts Of Your Patients’ Symptoms.
Stretching from head to pelvis, the visceral fascia is the most complex layer of fascia in the body and fundamentally involved with major vasculature, thoracic and abdominal systems. Learn to confidently examine and treat your patients viscero-fascial contributors to their pain or dysfunction in this course from osteopath Liz Howard.
You will practice a range of effective techniques and protocols that will enable you to confidently treat the supportive fascia of the thorax and abdominal viscera, including links to the musculo-skeletal system.
Exploring Visceral Fascia has a strong practical focus including treatment protocols (including patient education and self-management tools) that you can use immediately in your practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Update and extend your understanding of the anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the visceral fascia of the thorax and abdomen
- Discover the key questions to ask in the case history to help identify viscero-fascial dysfunction contributing to their symptoms
- Recognize when your patient will benefit from direct or indirect viscero-fascial techniques
- Learn treatment protocols and planning for common presentations involving viscero-fascial restrictions
- Learn and practice new techniques you can use to confidently treat visceral fascia.
- Learn simple patient education and self-management tools
It is recommended that attendees have previously completed Liz Howard’s Myofascial Release or Myofascial Release Online course which explores the functional anatomy and amazing properties of fascia and introduces assessment, protocols and techniques to address myofascial restrictions and contributors to pain.
Attendees can choose to register for Myofascial Release Online as well as Exploring Visceral Fascia and recieve 20% off. Select the Visceral registration + Myofascial Online ticket option.
The Exploring Visceral Fascia course is applicable to all allied health manual therapy practitioners. It will include practical examination and treatment protocols you will be able to use with confidence in your practice.
The course will run from 8:30AM to 4PM. Places are limited to 20 attendees. It also includes morning and afternoon tea, printed notes and an e-certificate of attendance for your CPD records. The course can be counted as 6 hours CPD.
For the this event to proceed in the current COVID environment attendees will be required to comply with the following:
- All attendees must be fully COVID vaccinated and be prepared to show evidence of vaccination upon entry of the venue
- All attendees must be prepared to wear masks while at the venue
- If attendees experience any COVID symptoms on the day of the event they must refrain from attending
- Any new COVID rules which may be introduced before the event
If this event is forced to be cancelled or postponed attendees will be offered a full refund.
Fees listed on Nexlec excludes local taxes - follow the ticket selection link to the Course Provider website for registration and fees.
Registering for an Event
- The Platform allows Attendees to search for and buy tickets to attend Events.
- Your registration to attend an Event will be confirmed by us or the Presenter in writing by way of an email confirmation and your registration for an Event is only completed upon such written confirmation to you.
- Bower Bird CPD may, in our sole and absolute discretion, either accept or reject your registration for an Event.
- The subject matter of an Event and all Presenter Content related to that Event is solely the responsibility of the Presenter. Attendees are solely responsible for determining if an Event will be suitable or relevant to their professional development. We may issue an e-certificate of attendance on behalf of the Presenter, however the ability of an Attendee to claim any CPD points for attendance at an Event is subject to the professional rules governing the Attendee’s profession and practice. We make no representation or warranty about the quality of the Presenter Content, the suitability or relevance of an Event to you, or the outcome of any Event. Any questions about Presenter Content may be directed to the Presenter.
Payment of Event Fee
- Event Fees will be as quoted on the Platform in Australian dollars. These prices include any applicable taxes but may exclude and any online payment administration charge imposed by us. All taxes, charges and fees will be added to the total amount due at the point of payment.
- Unless we specify otherwise in writing, you must pay the total amount of the Event Fee when registering for an Event.
- Payment methods: Payment for Event Fees must be made by a Valid Card through the Platform or as otherwise notified by us to you from time to time. By providing us with the details of your Valid Card, you authorise us to charge your Valid Card.
- Card payments: If you pay by a Valid Card, you may be required to show the card to us as proof of identification and so that we can check that the card conforms with the receipt data for the ticket booking.
- You must have sufficient funds available on your Valid Card to pay the Event Fee. We reserve the right to charge credit card surcharges and a $25 administration fee if there are insufficient funds available on your Valid Card. You acknowledge that such administration fee is a genuine pre-estimate of the loss we would incur as a result of your non-payment due to having insufficient funds.
- You undertake that you are an authorised user of your Valid Card; that the Valid Card details provided are current, correct and complete; and that your Valid Card will have sufficient funds to pay the full amount the Event Fee on each occasion.
- You acknowledge that Bower Bird is appointed by the Presenter to provide our Services for an Event. We will remit the Event Fee to the Presenter upon completion of the Event, after deducting our Service Fee.
- We may issue discount codes or vouchers (Vouchers) from time to time for use on the Platform. Vouchers may only be redeemed on the Platform. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded, and are valid for such period specified at the time of issue of the Voucher. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any Voucher any time without notice. The right to use a Voucher is personal to the intended recipient and may not be transferred nor exchanged for cash. No Voucher may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient. If we believe in our sole discretion that a Voucher is being used in breach of these terms, unlawfully, illegally or in bad faith, we may reject or cancel the Voucher.
Third Party Payment Providers
- We may use third party payment providers to process payments of Event Fees.
- You expressly authorise us to provide your Valid Card and/or bank account details to such third party payment providers for the sole purpose of administering payment of the Event Fee. All monetary transactions made through your use of the Platform are subject to any fees that a third party payment provider may charge.
Attending an Event
- We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the advertised Presenters present at each Event. If a Presenter withdraws from presenting at an Event, we may replace that Presenter with another Presenter. You agree that we may validly change or replace a Presenter, or change the order of Presenters at an Event, without providing notice to you.
- We may change the scheduled date or time of an Event or change the Event venue (“Rescheduled Event”). In those circumstances, we will make all reasonable efforts to contact registered Attendees using the contact details provided to us. If an Attendee is unable to attend an Event on the rescheduled date, time or venue and the Attendee notifies us before the date of the rescheduled Event, then we will provide a full refund of the relevant Event Fee.
- We are not liable for any Attendee travel or accommodation costs or out of pocket expenses incurred by any Attendee in connection with an Event, including any Rescheduled Event, and you release us from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with any Event or Rescheduled Event.
- Our Services are limited to co-ordinating, promoting and managing ticket sales for Events and we do not make any warranty in connection with the accuracy of any Presenter Content. Without limitation, we accept no responsibility or liability for any Presenter Content, including any error or omission in any Presenter Content provided at an Event.
- An attendee must notify us promptly in writing either on the Platform or at [email protected] if the Attendee is an organisation and it wishes to change the delegate(s) or individual attendees who will attend an Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event by any individual not notified to us as a delegate or individual attendee in advance.
- Once you have booked a ticket to an Event and your Event Fee payment has been authorised, you will be charged the full amount.
- You may cancel registration for an Event by giving us notice in writing, provided that such notice must be more than 14 days before the date of the Event. In those circumstances, we may refund the Event Fee at our sole discretion.
- If you cancel your registration for an Event within 14 days of the date of the Event or you fail to attend the Event for any reason without giving us prior written notice, you will be charged the full amount of the Event Fee and you will not be entitled to any refund of the Event Fee. In such circumstances if you have not already paid the full amount of the Event Fee, Bower Bird may require that you pay such amount.
- If the Event is cancelled by the Presenter for any reason, your bank or card issuer will refund the relevant amount. However, this may take between 3 to 5 working days (or longer, depending on your bank or card issuer). You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to any delay by your bank or card issuer in the release of funds back into your account.
You agree to indemnify, and must defend and hold harmless, Bower Bird and its related bodies corporate, personnel, servants and agents (Indemnified Parties), from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following:
c. your attendance or presentation at an Event, including for any death, personal injury, psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage, damage to equipment and other items) or any other loss or liability (“harm”) howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at an Event (including any harm arising from the negligence of Bower Bird and/or the Indemnified Parties);
d. if you are an Attendee - your claim against a Presenter for any reason;
e. if you are a Presenter - your claim against an Attendee for any reason;
f. if you are a Presenter - your Presenter Content and the presentation of your Presenter Content;
g. if you are a Presenter - any claim or allegation that your Presenter Content infringes a third party’s rights, including Intellectual Property Rights;
h. your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations; and
i. any misrepresentation made by you.
Please contact the Provider directly or follow the ticket selection button to the Course Provider Website for full terms and conditions.
Sat, 29 April 2023
Lecture and Hands-on
High Street Holistic
60 High St, Preston,
BAppSc(Clin Sc) BOstSc MScMed(PainMgt) Advanced Pain Management Osteopath
Liz has over 20 years of experience as an Osteopath and has worked at the Women’s Health & Research Institute of Australia for over 5 years. Her main focus is the holistic management of complex pelvic pain with the interdisciplinary team, working closely with Professor Thierry Vancaillie (Gynaecologist and Pain Medicine Specialist).
Her roles include Osteopathic care, pain education, clinical specialist in sacral neuromodulation and facilitating group education for pelvic pain. Most recently she has been helping manage the women suffering from pelvic pain after mesh surgery for prolapse or incontinence at WHRIA and the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick.
Liz has been involved in clinical research at WHRIA and in conjunction with the Royal Hospital for Women since joining WHRIA. In addition to numerous poster presentations, her work in major journals includes:
Vancaillie, T., Tan, Y., Chow, J., Kite, L., & Howard, L. (2018). Pain after vaginal prolapse repair surgery with mesh is a post‐surgical neuropathy which needs to be treated–and can possibly be prevented in some cases. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/ajo.12804
Vancaillie, T., Kite, L., Howard, E., & Chow, J. (2018). Sacral neuromodulation for pelvic pain and pelvic organ dysfunction: A case series. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 58(1), 102-107. https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/ajo.12752
Her teaching experience ranges from lectures and technique in Undergraduate and Master’s Osteopathic programs (University of Western Sydney, Southern Cross University), clinical supervision of Osteopathic students (UWS, SCU, SportsMed Mumbai), Osteopathy Australia National Conference presentation, Pelvic Floor Seminars, GP education evenings and Allied Health events.