Too often, we hear “Well, we just weren’t taught this at Uni!” If you are in the dark around your Tax and Legal obligations as a dentist, then this course if for you.
Join Industry leaders Bhupesh Kaphle of BDO and Harry Nicolaidis of KL Gates as they navigate through the following essential topics:
- The Top 3 Things Dentists Need to Watch Out for with the ATO
- Wealth Creation Considerations – Passive Income, Appropriate Structures, Common Dental Specific Strategies
- Tax Effective Strategies & Considerations – Tax Deductions, Personal Service Income, New Draft Professional Practice Guidelines
- Tax Basics – Income Tax, Business Activity Statements, PAYG Withholding, Superannuation
- Common Structures – Sole Trader, Partnerships, Trust, Companies
- Am I an Employee or Contractor or Neither?
- What's all this about Service and Facility Agreements?
- Agreement Termination and Restraint of Trade
- Official Complaints – What do I do When I get one?
- The Top 3 Mistakes Every Grad Makes
Registrations for AHC Dental Ed events must be received in writing with payment (if applicable) by the RSVP deadline as listed on the website and registration form. Early registration is recommended. If an event is fully booked, a waiting list may be available.
Registration fees include cost of enrolment, catering, materials and any other items or equipment detailed in the course outline. Bookings by credit card may attract a service fee payable directly to the service provider at time of booking. AHC Dental Ed operates within the Australian dental profession and therefore is carefully monitored by our staff to provide our customers with the latest, competitive prices. All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and Services Tax) unless otherwise stated.
Attending delegates names and practice details may be included on a Delegate List for distribution to speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and any other affiliated entity involved in the event. Please let us know at time of registration if you do not consent to this information being included on a Delegate List. Delegate details may be passed to an affiliated party, when the event is being presented in conjunction with a third party event provider. This information is solely used for the purpose of recording and confirming credentials once the course is completed.
Your image may be photographed or recorded at any time throughout an event and we may publish, use, or reproduce this image or recording of you in published communications, including but not limited to internet, print, video, DVD, television, radio, cable or other electronic applications. Collecting this personal information is to promote our services and to report on our events. Examples of publications are the AHC Dental Ed website, Facebook and Instagram pages. By attending an AHC Dental Ed event, you give your consent to the reproduction or use of your image in full or part for any promotional, advertising and commercial activities of AHC Dental Ed.
If you do not wish to have your image photographed or filmed or included in any of our publications, please contact us to advise us of this fact. Any personal information including an image or recording of your person is securely stored by us and only authorized staff members will be granted access to this information. We take all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is not misused, lost or accessed by unauthorized persons.
Cancellations - Refund Policy
- Event cancellation or rescheduling by AHC Dental Ed
- AHC Dental Ed reserves the right to cancel, postpone, relocate or reschedule any event. In such cases, AHC Dental Ed will endeavour to notify delegates as soon as possible to minimise inconvenience. AHC Dental Ed will not accept responsibility for any travel or accommodation costs incurred by delegates or for changes to delegate work commitments or personal circumstances. Where a refund is due, it will be paid within 30 days of the notification. If an event is rescheduled, a delegate may elect to transfer the fee from the cancelled event to a future event of equal value. In such circumstances, the terms and conditions for cancellation below apply.
- A $200 administration fee applies to ALL cancellations.
- A full refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received more than 30 days prior to the event.
- A 75% refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received between 15 to 29 days prior to the event.
- A 50% refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received between 8 to 14 days prior to the event.
- No refund will be given for cancellations made with less than 7 days notice.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by mail or email. Substitution of delegates may occur at any time at no additional cost.
Failure to Attend
- A delegate who registers for an event but fails to attend will be liable for 100% of the registration fee.
- Transfers of Registration
- Delegate transfer requests must be notified in writing no less than 7 days prior to the event.
Any dentists who attend an AHC Dental Ed event that attracts CPD Hours will receive a CPD Certificate for their records. Please note that CPD is mandatory for current Dental Board of Australia registration.
To keep course fees down, some materials and products used in hands-on workshops may be provided by dental suppliers. Representatives may also be in attendance at events.
The information provided for events is correct at time of publication. AHC Dental Ed reserve the right to cancel, relocate, substitute or change, without notice, any aspect of the event program. AHC Dental Ed reserves the right to cancel any activity if minimum numbers are not met. AHC Dental Ed will give as much notice as possible to reduce any inconvenience for delegates.
The information and opinions presented at the professional development events are those of the presenters. Presentations at an AHC Dental Ed event on clinical methods, materials, techniques or approaches to business issues in a dental practice, do not constitute endorsement by AHC Dental Ed. By registering for an AHC Dental Ed event, the delegate takes sole responsibility for the use of any information provided.
Sat, 06 November 2021
Bhupesh has a specialty in the dental industry, establishing strong relationships with industry experts. He works closely with dental owners to assist in maximizing their practice profitability, whilst identifying key risks for mitigation.
Harry advises health practitioners and dental practice owners regarding risk minimization strategies relevant to contracting with providers of professional and non-professional services. This includes, in particular, advice on Services and Facilities Agreements as well as the operation and enforceability of restraint of trade obligations. He also advises health professionals on disputes arising from the sale of practices, including breach of confidentiality and breach of warranty claims.