Join Specialist Periodontist Dr Maziar Tavazoei in a 1-Day lecture and hands on intensive that covers everything from assessment of the periodontally compromised tooth to implant biological complications and management.
- Update on the New Periodontal Classifications
- Diagnosis of implant biological complications and their management strategies
- Specific Local Anaesthesia Techniques for the Periodontal Patient
- Getting to know the periodontal hand instruments that are sitting idle in our drawers
- Getting to know ultrasonic devices and various ultrasonic tips- The when and where
- Periodontal Tips and Tricks – What You Never Learnt at University
- Periodontal hand instrumentation techniques using universal and site-specific tool
- How to Use an Ultrasonic Safely and Efficiently
- Practical tips about root debridement at anterior, premolars and molars- grasping the instruments, finger rest and hand position.
- What to Use When, and How to Use Them
- How to sharpen the instruments for an optimal efficiency
Registrations for AHC Dental Ed events must be received in writing with payment (if applicable) by the RSVP deadline as listed on the website and registration form. Early registration is recommended. If an event is fully booked, a waiting list may be available.
Registration fees include cost of enrolment, catering, materials and any other items or equipment detailed in the course outline. Bookings by credit card may attract a service fee payable directly to the service provider at time of booking. AHC Dental Ed operates within the Australian dental profession and therefore is carefully monitored by our staff to provide our customers with the latest, competitive prices. All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and Services Tax) unless otherwise stated.
Attending delegates names and practice details may be included on a Delegate List for distribution to speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and any other affiliated entity involved in the event. Please let us know at time of registration if you do not consent to this information being included on a Delegate List. Delegate details may be passed to an affiliated party, when the event is being presented in conjunction with a third party event provider. This information is solely used for the purpose of recording and confirming credentials once the course is completed.
Your image may be photographed or recorded at any time throughout an event and we may publish, use, or reproduce this image or recording of you in published communications, including but not limited to internet, print, video, DVD, television, radio, cable or other electronic applications. Collecting this personal information is to promote our services and to report on our events. Examples of publications are the AHC Dental Ed website, Facebook and Instagram pages. By attending an AHC Dental Ed event, you give your consent to the reproduction or use of your image in full or part for any promotional, advertising and commercial activities of AHC Dental Ed.
If you do not wish to have your image photographed or filmed or included in any of our publications, please contact us to advise us of this fact. Any personal information including an image or recording of your person is securely stored by us and only authorized staff members will be granted access to this information. We take all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is not misused, lost or accessed by unauthorized persons.
Cancellations - Refund Policy
- Event cancellation or rescheduling by AHC Dental Ed
- AHC Dental Ed reserves the right to cancel, postpone, relocate or reschedule any event. In such cases, AHC Dental Ed will endeavour to notify delegates as soon as possible to minimize inconvenience. AHC Dental Ed will not accept responsibility for any travel or accommodation costs incurred by delegates or for changes to delegate work commitments or personal circumstances. Where a refund is due, it will be paid within 30 days of the notification. If an event is rescheduled, a delegate may elect to transfer the fee from the cancelled event to a future event of equal value. In such circumstances, the terms and conditions for cancellation below apply.
- A $200 administration fee applies to ALL cancellations.
- A full refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received more than 30 days prior to the event.
- A 75% refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received between 15 to 29 days prior to the event.
- A 50% refund, less the administration fee, will be given for cancellations received between 8 to 14 days prior to the event.
- No refund will be given for cancellations made with less than 7 days notice.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by mail or email. Substitution of delegates may occur at any time at no additional cost.
Failure to Attend
- A delegate who registers for an event but fails to attend will be liable for 100% of the registration fee.
- Transfers of Registration
- Delegate transfer requests must be notified in writing no less than 7 days prior to the event.
Any dentists who attend an AHC Dental Ed event that attracts CPD Hours will receive a CPD Certificate for their records. Please note that CPD is mandatory for current Dental Board of Australia registration.
To keep course fees down, some materials and products used in hands-on workshops may be provided by dental suppliers. Representatives may also be in attendance at events.
The information provided for events is correct at time of publication. AHC Dental Ed reserve the right to cancel, relocate, substitute or change, without notice, any aspect of the event program. AHC Dental Ed reserves the right to cancel any activity if minimum numbers are not met. AHC Dental Ed will give as much notice as possible to reduce any inconvenience for delegates.
The information and opinions presented at the professional development events are those of the presenters. Presentations at an AHC Dental Ed event on clinical methods, materials, techniques or approaches to business issues in a dental practice, do not constitute endorsement by AHC Dental Ed. By registering for an AHC Dental Ed event, the delegate takes sole responsibility for the use of any information provided.
Tickets:Early BirdClosedStandard RegistrationClosedOHT TicketClosed
Sat, 23 October 2021
Lecture and Hands-on
190 Elizabeth St,
Dr Maziar Tavazoei
Dr Maziar Tavazoei is a registered specialist Periodontist who was born in Tehran, Iran. He graduated from dental school with a Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree in 1998. Soon after graduation he started a residency program in restorative dentistry at Mashad dental school. He passed the Australian Dental Council exams with ease and worked as restorative dentist in central Queensland (Rockhampton and Yeppoon) for some years before going back to University for the third time, to complete a three years specialist training program in Periodontics and Dental Implants. Maziar has been involved in implant dentistry since 2002. He and his family have chosen to call beautiful Gold Coast their home since 2012. Dr. Tavazoei has been involved in teaching and supervising roles at Griffith University, working with both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He feels blessed for having had a role in formation of now many amazingly competent dentists around Australia.