(Developmental, Individual Differences, Relationship Model)
This workshop will be an overview of the DIR/Floortime® model of the late Dr. Stanley Greenspan. The participant will gain understanding of the theory behind the model, the different research studies behind the model, as well as a thorough understanding of the different developmental levels. The influence of individual differences for each profile will be discussed as well as principles of working with families in this model. DIR/Floortime® is adaptive to any age of development, from early intervention through adolescence. Floortime® techniques will be show cased through case studies with open workshop discussion and participants will find these discussions to be at the intermediate clinical level. This workshop is approved through the ICDL (Interdisciplinary Council for Developmental and Learning Disorders) and will set the course for becoming certificated in this model through ICDL.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded by ICDL.
09.00 to 10.00am - History and Theories of Emotional Processing
10.00 to 10.30am - The DIR Model, Research and Recent Breakthroughs
10.45 to 12.00pm - Level 1: Regulation
13.00 to 13.45pm - Level 2: Intimacy and Engagement
13.45 to 14.45pm - Level 3: Two Way Communication
15.00 to 16.00pm - Level 4: Pretend Play
16.00 to 17.00pm - Level 5: Symbolic Thinking
9.00 to 10.00am - Level 6: Logical Thinking
10.00 to 10.30am - Individual Differences that could constrict each level
10.45 to 11.30pm - Individual Differences that could constrict each level
11.30 to 12.00pm - Practical ideas for different profiles
13.00 to 15.00pm - Floortime Strategies that really work!
15.15 to 17.00pm - Case Study
Participants will be able to :
- Identify 6 core developmental levels that integrates both physical and social-emotional development in children
- Describe the impact each child’s individual difference profile has on development and intrinsic motivation to participate and learn
- List 10 different Floortime techniques, observed through video examples with discussion, that could be used in practice after the course
- Identify a 7-step sensori-motor developmental hierarchy as it relates to constricting the 6 emotional developmental levels of the DIR/Floortime Model
- Identify core relational styles that would impact on parent-child relationship as well as therapist – parent-child therapeutic alliance
Who Can Benefit?
Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists, Psychologists, Nurses, Teachers, Classroom Assistants, Aides, Parents
- Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
- Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organizer disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
- Participants to the course are not allowed to split registration for different persons.
- For 1 full day seminar, only one set of meal entitlement per day shall be given to the registered participants. For half day seminar, only coffee and tea will be provided.
- Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
- No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences.
- Registration will be taken as confirmed upon receipt of payment or issuance of invoice. Any cancellation will not be allowed. However, substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences. Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment must be received by due date, before attendance of training.
- All information provided in this form is accurate up to the closing date of normal registration.
Thu, 30 November 2023
Furama City Centre
60 Eu Tong Sen St,
Maude Le Roux