Cervicogenic dizziness (CGD) is a clinical syndrome characterized by the presence of dizziness and associated neck pain. Although there have been advancements in regards of clinical tests, CGD remains a challenging diagnosis of exclusion. Especially given that dizziness and neck pain are common symptoms with complex and multifactorial etiologies.
It can be difficult for healthcare professionals to differentiate CGD from other vestibular, medical, and vascular disorders that cause dizziness. It requires a high level of skill and a thorough understanding of the proper tests and measures to accurately rule in or out competing diagnoses.
- Understand basic concepts and etiopathological mechanisms of CGD
- Learn about other conditions causing dizziness for the purpose of differential diagnoses
- Learn the proper tests and measures to accurately rule in or out competing diagnoses
- Acquire the skills to perform the necessary specialized examination
- Learn the appropriate treatment for CGD
Fees listed on Nexlec excludes local taxes - follow the ticket selection link to the Course Provider website for registration and fees.
Registering for an EventaThe Platform allows Attendees to search for and buy tickets to attend Events.
- Your registration to attend an Event will be confirmed by us or the Presenter in writing by way of an email confirmation and your registration for an Event is only completed upon such written confirmation to you.
- Bower Bird CPD may, in our sole and absolute discretion, either accept or reject your registration for an Event.
- The subject matter of an Event and all Presenter Content related to that Event is solely the responsibility of the Presenter. Attendees are solely responsible for determining if an Event will be suitable or relevant to their professional development. We may issue an e-certificate of attendance on behalf of the Presenter, however the ability of an Attendee to claim any CPD points for attendance at an Event is subject to the professional rules governing the Attendee’s profession and practice. We make no representation or warranty about the quality of the Presenter Content, the suitability or relevance of an Event to you, or the outcome of any Event. Any questions about Presenter Content may be directed to the Presenter.
Payment of Event Fee
- Event Fees will be as quoted on the Platform in Australian dollars. These prices include any applicable taxes but may exclude and any online payment administration charge imposed by us. All taxes, charges and fees will be added to the total amount due at the point of payment.
- Unless we specify otherwise in writing, you must pay the total amount of the Event Fee when registering for an Event.
- Payment methods: Payment for Event Fees must be made by a Valid Card through the Platform or as otherwise notified by us to you from time to time. By providing us with the details of your Valid Card, you authorise us to charge your Valid Card.
- Card payments: If you pay by a Valid Card, you may be required to show the card to us as proof of identification and so that we can check that the card conforms with the receipt data for the ticket booking.
- You must have sufficient funds available on your Valid Card to pay the Event Fee. We reserve the right to charge credit card surcharges and a $25 administration fee if there are insufficient funds available on your Valid Card. You acknowledge that such administration fee is a genuine pre-estimate of the loss we would incur as a result of your non-payment due to having insufficient funds.
- You undertake that you are an authorised user of your Valid Card; that the Valid Card details provided are current, correct and complete; and that your Valid Card will have sufficient funds to pay the full amount the Event Fee on each occasion.
- You acknowledge that Bower Bird is appointed by the Presenter to provide our Services for an Event. We will remit the Event Fee to the Presenter upon completion of the Event, after deducting our Service Fee.
- We may issue discount codes or vouchers (Vouchers) from time to time for use on the Platform. Vouchers may only be redeemed on the Platform. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded, and are valid for such period specified at the time of issue of the Voucher. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any Voucher any time without notice. The right to use a Voucher is personal to the intended recipient and may not be transferred nor exchanged for cash. No Voucher may be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient. If we believe in our sole discretion that a Voucher is being used in breach of these terms, unlawfully, illegally or in bad faith, we may reject or cancel the Voucher.
Third Party Payment Providers
- We may use third party payment providers to process payments of Event Fees.
- You expressly authorise us to provide your Valid Card and/or bank account details to such third party payment providers for the sole purpose of administering payment of the Event Fee. All monetary transactions made through your use of the Platform are subject to any fees that a third party payment provider may charge.
Attending an Event
- We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the advertised Presenters present at each Event. If a Presenter withdraws from presenting at an Event, we may replace that Presenter with another Presenter. You agree that we may validly change or replace a Presenter, or change the order of Presenters at an Event, without providing notice to you.
- We may change the scheduled date or time of an Event or change the Event venue (“Rescheduled Event”). In those circumstances, we will make all reasonable efforts to contact registered Attendees using the contact details provided to us. If an Attendee is unable to attend an Event on the rescheduled date, time or venue and the Attendee notifies us before the date of the rescheduled Event, then we will provide a full refund of the relevant Event Fee.
- We are not liable for any Attendee travel or accommodation costs or out of pocket expenses incurred by any Attendee in connection with an Event, including any Rescheduled Event, and you release us from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses arising out of or in any way connected with any Event or Rescheduled Event.
- Our Services are limited to co-ordinating, promoting and managing ticket sales for Events and we do not make any warranty in connection with the accuracy of any Presenter Content. Without limitation, we accept no responsibility or liability for any Presenter Content, including any error or omission in any Presenter Content provided at an Event.
- An attendee must notify us promptly in writing either on the Platform or at [email protected] if the Attendee is an organisation and it wishes to change the delegate(s) or individual attendees who will attend an Event. We reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event by any individual not notified to us as a delegate or individual attendee in advance.
- Once you have booked a ticket to an Event and your Event Fee payment has been authorised, you will be charged the full amount.
- You may cancel registration for an Event by giving us notice in writing, provided that such notice must be more than 14 days before the date of the Event. In those circumstances, we may refund the Event Fee at our sole discretion.
- If you cancel your registration for an Event within 14 days of the date of the Event or you fail to attend the Event for any reason without giving us prior written notice, you will be charged the full amount of the Event Fee and you will not be entitled to any refund of the Event Fee. In such circumstances if you have not already paid the full amount of the Event Fee, Bower Bird may require that you pay such amount.
- If the Event is cancelled by the Presenter for any reason, your bank or card issuer will refund the relevant amount. However, this may take between 3 to 5 working days (or longer, depending on your bank or card issuer). You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to any delay by your bank or card issuer in the release of funds back into your account.
You agree to indemnify, and must defend and hold harmless, Bower Bird and its related bodies corporate, personnel, servants and agents (Indemnified Parties), from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following:
c. your attendance or presentation at an Event, including for any death, personal injury, psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage, damage to equipment and other items) or any other loss or liability (“harm”) howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at an Event (including any harm arising from the negligence of Bower Bird and/or the Indemnified Parties);
d. if you are an Attendee - your claim against a Presenter for any reason;
e. if you are a Presenter - your claim against an Attendee for any reason;
f. if you are a Presenter - your Presenter Content and the presentation of your Presenter Content;
g. if you are a Presenter - any claim or allegation that your Presenter Content infringes a third party’s rights, including Intellectual Property Rights;
h. your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations; and
i. any misrepresentation made by you.
Please contact the Provider directly or follow the ticket selection button to the Course Provider Website for full terms and conditions.
Sun, 06 August 2023
Lecture and Hands-on
High Street Holistic
60 High St, Preston,
B.Sc. Anatomy Osteopath
Rudi Gerhardt studied Sports-Physiotherapy in Munich, graduating in 1984, and Osteopathy in Belgium (IAO) graduating in 1999. He moved to Australia over 20 years ago and while waiting for his qualifications to be recognised in Australia gained his B.Sc. Anatomy at UNSW, graduating in 2002. He is a registered Doctor of Osteopathy.
Rudi considers study of the human body and mind a life-long task and tries not to specialise. But if he had to choose it would be Neuroscience. He has a special clinical interest in Dizziness & Balance and has done extensive education in this field including a 'Certificate in Vestibular Rehabilitation' and a ‘Certificate of Vestibular Rehabilitation’.
Dr Rudi Gerhardt - CPD presenter for osteopathy, physiotherapy and chiropractichas spent 18 years self-employed in his own clinics in Sydney and in Murwillumbah (Life Quality & Health). His previous employment included 7 years Hospital employment (Germany), 1 year in Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (Germany) and 5 years self-employed in his own clinic (Germany). In his capacity as a Sports physiotherapist in Germany he was often called in to support International events like Marathons or Triathlons throughout Europe.
Rudi has been teaching part time for 19 years including 1 year tutoring Anatomy at UNSW, 5 years at UWS lecturing Neuroanatomy, Clinical Reasoning and 6 years at SCU lecturing Neuroscience, Histology, Embryology, and Osteopathy skills. He has also taught Master classes and presented at conferences and CPD seminars for more than 10 years.
Rudi currently presents his BPPV: Diagnosis & Treatment course and as part of Bower Bird CPD's Anatomy Up Close series. These are applicable to Osteopathy, Physiotherapy and Chiropractic practitioners.