ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a common diagnosis in pediatric practice today. Attention deficit can be a diagnosis, but it can also be a symptom of underlying neural inefficiency. As we dig deeper into sensory processing, we discover multiple facets that forms part of a developmental hierarchy that enables us to use clinical reasoning in both assessment and intervention. Dr. Russell Barkley and Dr. Edward Hallowell stress the importance of self-regulation and self-reflection as key components to consider, both of which overlaps into sensory processing practice. This 1-day workshop will showcase the use of the sensory processing lens when assessing and planning intervention for the different components of ADHD, including a look at the learning disability of dysgraphia that frequently coincides with ADHD. Theory will be made practical through multiple treatment ideas and illustrated through video and discussion. Both the clinical and school therapist will feel supported by this journey into ADHD.
- 09.00 to 10.30 am - ADHD Components and Concepts
- 11.00 to 12.30 pm - Sensory Processing Hierarchy
- 01:30 to 03.00 pm - Dysgraphia
- 03.15 to 05:00 pm - Intervention
- List at least 3 components of ADHD that impact clinical reasoning
- Describe at least 3 types of attention difficulties to be targeted in therapy
- Describe multiple strategies to accommodate for decreased executive functions
- Summarize a 7-step developmental hierarchy to consider in therapy
- Consider the overlap of dysgraphia to include in clinical reasoning
Who Can Benefit?
Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Educators, Psychologists, Social Work professionals, Parents
- Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis and course fees must be paid prior to closing date to reserve a place.
- Payment of fees is not a guarantee for the event to be staged as planned. Should the event be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be made to all registered participants and no other claims are allowed. The organizer disclaims responsibility should any change in the event occur for any reason.
- Participants to the course are not allowed to split registration for different persons.
- For 1 full day seminar, only one set of meal entitlement per day shall be given to the registered participants. For half day seminar, only coffee and tea will be provided.
- Food served will be “no pork and no lard”.
- No refund of fees for participant cancellations including medical leave but substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences.
- Registration will be taken as confirmed upon receipt of payment or issuance of invoice. Any cancellation will not be allowed. However, substitutions are allowed with written request to organizer at least two working days before the course commences. Please note that registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment must be received by due date, before attendance of training.
- All information provided in this form is accurate up to the closing date of normal registration.
Wed, 29 November 2023
Furama City Centre
60 Eu Tong Sen St,
Maude Le Roux
OTR/L, ADHD-RSP, SIPT, CTC, DIR-FT Expert Trainer