With glorious stretches of unspoiled beaches, 130 million year old primary rainforests, a wealth of indigenous tribes and wildlife abound, Borneo is a once in a lifetime, must visit destination.
This signature classic Lightfoot itinerary takes in both Sarawak and Sabah – the two states that make up Malaysian Borneo.
(Allocate 12 Days/11 Nights
- Discover Kuching. Located on the banks of the Sarawak River and with colonial buildings lining the streets, it is easy to see why Kuching is considered the prettiest city in Borneo.
- Spend a night with a night with a indigenous head-hunter tribe, staying in in a traditional longhouse and enjoying local village hospitality.
- Visit the excellent Semenggok Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, one of few places in Sarawak to see orang-utans.
- Spend a few days discovering the vast Kingabantangan river which is teeming with wildlife, including wild Orangutans.
- Relax on a beautiful remote Lankayan Island.
This trip is a suggested itinerary that can be modified to suit your ideal plans. Click on the learn more button to contact the Lightfoot team.